Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation

Frustratedtodeath

Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation
Hello all I have built a new pc with Intel Core 2 Duo 2180 MSI 945CGM5 V2
motherboard 1 gig Kingston ram 80 gig SATA II drive and DVD. THE OS is an
OEM and so a totally clean install.
Boots from CD and loads up to the point of installing windows for the first
time and crashes part way through then restarts and stops as if you pressed
F8 Start windows and it says that windows either encountered an error or was
not shut down correctly. If you choose to run it tries to start but then says
Windows could not complete the install and to reinstall.
I loaded XP SP2 and this works fine so ran the tool to check if compatible
with Vista and passed ok.
I have looked all over as the Mboard and CPU are Certified to work with Vista
brink

Re: Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation

Frustratedtodeath;532368 Wrote:
> Hello all I have built a new pc with Intel Core 2 Duo 2180 MSI 945CGM5
> V2
> motherboard 1 gig Kingston ram 80 gig SATA II drive and DVD. THE OS is
> an
> OEM and so a totally clean install.
> Boots from CD and loads up to the point of installing windows for the
> first
> time and crashes part way through then restarts and stops as if you
> pressed
> F8 Start windows and it says that windows either encountered an error
> or was
> not shut down correctly. If you choose to run it tries to start but
> then says
> Windows could not complete the install and to reinstall.
> I loaded XP SP2 and this works fine so ran the tool to check if
> compatible
> with Vista and passed ok.
> I have looked all over as the Mboard and CPU are Certified to work with
> Vista

Hi,

Is the OEM Vista installation DVD a Express or Recovery version? If it
is a Recovery version, then it most likely is limited to only the
original computer it was installed on from the OEM. A Express version
will allow you to install it on any computer at one given time.

Does it give you any stop error messages with code numbers?

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Frustratedtodeath

Re: Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation
Hello Shawn

It is a OEM disk from a supplier (Microsoft seller) and is 32 bit version.
It is supposed to load onto a brand new build PC and I am a regular bloke who
has built many PC's for mates etc. All the hardware is brand new so should
not be an issue.
I have built two new machines with the second having 2 Gig Kingston RAM and
160 gig hard drive. This also fails at the same point I tried an 80 gig IDE
drive with same result and also a 3 Com 10/100 network card as getting
desperate.

Two things I have found from the logs are this error:

2007-12-02 18:54:22, Error [windeploy.exe] Setup.exe
failed, returning exit code [0x1f]
2007-12-02 18:54:22, Error [windeploy.exe] Failure
occured during online installation. Online installation cannot complete at
this time.; hr = 0x80004005
and unbelievabely that it somehow thinks it is a Dell server:

2006-11-02 05:05:14:536 836 d28 Report *********** Report: Initializing
static reporting data ***********
2006-11-02 05:05:14:536 836 d28 Report * OS Version = 6.0.6000.0.0.66304
2006-11-02 05:05:14:536 836 d28 Report * OS Product Type = 0x00000003
2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Computer Brand = Dell Computer
Corporation
2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Computer Model = PowerEdge 2850
2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Bios Revision = A04
2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Bios Name = Phoenix ROM BIOS
PLUS Version 1.10 A04
2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Bios Release Date =
2005-09-22T00:00:00
2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Locale ID = 1033

As stated all parts are new and boxed in manufacturers packs including
Vista. Where does it think it is a Dell from??? It has absolutely nothing to
do with Dell.

I had a MCSE engineer look at system and he says that there is no reason for
the install to fail. Any help would be really appreciated as have now spent
over a whole weekend on this rubbish. (could be me)

Thanks Roger.

Frustratedtodeath;533805 Wrote:
> Hello Shawn
>
> It is a OEM disk from a supplier (Microsoft seller) and is 32 bit
> version.
> It is supposed to load onto a brand new build PC and I am a regular
> bloke who
> has built many PC's for mates etc. All the hardware is brand new so
> should
> not be an issue.
> I have built two new machines with the second having 2 Gig Kingston RAM
> and
> 160 gig hard drive. This also fails at the same point I tried an 80 gig
> IDE
> drive with same result and also a 3 Com 10/100 network card as getting
> desperate.
>
> Two things I have found from the logs are this error:
>
> 2007-12-02 18:54:22, Error [windeploy.exe] Setup.exe
> failed, returning exit code [0x1f]
> 2007-12-02 18:54:22, Error [windeploy.exe] Failure
> occured during online installation. Online installation cannot complete
> at
> this time.; hr = 0x80004005
> and unbelievabely that it somehow thinks it is a Dell server:
>
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:536 836 d28 Report ***********
> Report: Initializing
> static reporting data ***********
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:536 836 d28 Report * OS Version =
> 6.0.6000.0.0.66304
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:536 836 d28 Report * OS Product
> Type = 0x00000003
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Computer
> Brand = Dell Computer
> Corporation
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Computer
> Model = PowerEdge 2850
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Bios Revision
> = A04
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Bios Name =
> Phoenix ROM BIOS
> PLUS Version 1.10 A04
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Bios Release
> Date =
> 2005-09-22T00:00:00
> 2006-11-02 05:05:14:630 836 d28 Report * Locale ID =
> 1033
>
> As stated all parts are new and boxed in manufacturers packs including
> Vista. Where does it think it is a Dell from??? It has absolutely
> nothing to
> do with Dell.
>
> I had a MCSE engineer look at system and he says that there is no
> reason for
> the install to fail. Any help would be really appreciated as have now
> spent
> over a whole weekend on this rubbish. (could be me)
>
> Thanks Roger.

Roger,

Have you tried installing it with the installation settings set to "Do
not get the latest updates for installation" and leave "Automatically
activate Windows when I'm online" unchecked?

I'm not sure what else to try.

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Frustratedtodeath

Re: Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation
Hello Shawn

Thank you very much for trying to help. There is no option for this when
installing from these OEM disks as you have to write unattend scripts etc but
as I am not a full OEM such as DELL or HP I have no idea how to do this. I
can only assume this is what is needed but because it is OEM I cannot call
Microsoft.
I have a mate who runs a PC shop and build many PC's so I'll get in touch
and if no joy it is going back as unfit for purpose and swop to XP service
pack 2 which works fine.
I thought Microsoft were making things easy and after 5 years removing all
the original was supposed to have is really incredibly poor. Think I'll look
at Macs in future.

Thanks again Roger.
brink

Re: Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation

Your welcome Roger,

This OEM DVD's can be a pain sometimes with their limitations. You
might try borrowing your friends retail Vista installation DVD and try
it using your product key number. I had people report to me that it has
worked.

Good luck,
Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
roy69

Re: Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation

If you have installation problems then you will have to start
diagnosing. You built it your self which tells me you have some
knowledge. First of all take out anything you do not need. Sound card,
Network interface card etc. Turn off all the things not required to
boot in the bios. USB, lan etc. This will give you a minimum setup to
install on and less hastle for the first install. If this works then
slowly add things one at a time booting after each addon. This may seem
like a long winded way of doing things but it is hard to tell what
device is causing the error. When windows does fail to load a driver or
itself then it will be the last thing you added that caused the problem.
ALso try some different ram.
Hope this helps

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Duel Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
Frustratedtodeath

Re: Vista Home Premium cannot complete instalation
Hello Roy and Brink

Just to let you know what was the problem.

The motherboard is a MSI with Intel chipset (950 for graphics) and is
certified for Vista. Well when I loaded XP and tried the Microsoft advisor it
said all my hardware was ok but obviously not.

I bought a ATI X1550 256meg graphics card and Vista then loaded ok. However
it is a pile of d*g sh*te from what I have seen so far. I loaded the new
Vista driver for the card and oh yes the kiss of death so restored to
previous which worked. The graphics card also is certified for Vista but that
is what I should be for buying it.

I cannot recommend this code at all as the PC is powerfull but runs quite
slow. Really though this is most likely my lack of knowledge but surely
Intel chip which does work in some laptops etc.

So thanks to you both for your help and at least you know the fix for this
particular problem. I wish you both good fortune in the future.

Best regards Roger.

Frustratedtodeath;539049 Wrote:
> Hello Roy and Brink
>
> Just to let you know what was the problem.
>
> The motherboard is a MSI with Intel chipset (950 for graphics) and is
> certified for Vista. Well when I loaded XP and tried the Microsoft
> advisor it
> said all my hardware was ok but obviously not.
>
> I bought a ATI X1550 256meg graphics card and Vista then loaded ok.
> However
> it is a pile of d*g sh*te from what I have seen so far. I loaded the
> new
> Vista driver for the card and oh yes the kiss of death so restored to
> previous which worked. The graphics card also is certified for Vista
> but that
> is what I should be for buying it.
>
> I cannot recommend this code at all as the PC is powerfull but runs
> quite
> slow. Really though this is most likely my lack of knowledge but surely
> with the
> Intel chip which does work in some laptops etc.
>
> So thanks to you both for your help and at least you know the fix for
> this
> particular problem. I wish you both good fortune in the future.
>
> Best regards Roger.

Roger,

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry it's slow for you.

Have you tried the drivers from ATI? Try doing a custom install and
not installing the Catalyst Control Center.

'AMD GAME! Drivers and Utilities'
(http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx)

Shawn