Easy Transfer

Visintini

Easy Transfer
I have had to re-install Vista Business as it started to do strange things!
I backed up my data using the Backup/Restore feature and I also used Easy
Transfer; although I had to do it in 2gig or smaller transfers as it just
would not transfer everything in one hit. In both cases I
transferred/backed-up to an external hard drive. Now that I have Vista up
and running again I tried to restore the data using Back-up/restore but when
it got to the USERS folder it 'failed' with an error code that even confused
Microsoft - they have gone away to see if they can work out what has
happened. I suggested to them (Microsoft) using Easy Transfer but I am
concerned that I might re-import the problem that necessitated the re-install
of the OS in the first place so I asked if it was possible when re-importing
the data etc via Easy Transfer to be selective and only transfer the data
files (I used the default to transfer everything as 'recomended'!) but even
they were not sure as the support guy said he has never used it! Can you
believe?

Anybody know?
Mick Murphy

RE: Easy Transfer