I am about to drive insane....

Nici

I am about to drive insane....
I am trying to register my Vista Home Premium Online for a lil over a month
now, but for some reasion I always get an error on the Explorer and got no
clue why. I have already contacted Microsoft about it, but all they told me
was, that I may need to update my Windows Explorer. Umm, the Computer is
brand new and after I installed Vista I went for all the updates, so I
already got the new Explorer. The whole thing drives me crazy, nothing works,
I got no sound, nor does my cam works on here. I can not install the drivers
prperly because I get errors. I am not sure if the problem acures because
Vista aint registered yet, but I would if the freaking System would let me.
Does any of you got challenged by the same problem before and know what to do?

I am really thinking about to deinstall the Vista and try the whole thing
with my old XP version. The Setup CD for this PC is suck too.

Maybe one of you can help.

Thanks,
Nici
Mr. Arnold

Re: I am about to drive insane....

"Nici" <Nici@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to register my Vista Home Premium Online for a lil over a month
> now, but for some reasion I always get an error on the Explorer and got no
> clue why. I have already contacted Microsoft about it, but all they told
> me
> was, that I may need to update my Windows Explorer. Umm, the Computer is
> brand new and after I installed Vista I went for all the updates, so I
> already got the new Explorer. The whole thing drives me crazy, nothing
> works,
> I got no sound, nor does my cam works on here. I can not install the
> drivers
> prperly because I get errors. I am not sure if the problem acures because
> Vista aint registered yet, but I would if the freaking System would let
> me.
> Does any of you got challenged by the same problem before and know what to
> do?

Do you know what UAC is about?

A user with Admin rights is locked down on Vista and only has Standard user
rights in some cases. The user's rights sometimes even Admin rights have to
be escalated with Run As Administrator.

You can always turn UAC off and back on, but you should learn how to work
with UAC.

<http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/12/19/turn-off-or-disable-user-account-control-uac-in-windows-vista/>

> Maybe one of you can help.

There is always a free phone call to MS Windows Registration. If you have a
retail version of Vista, you also have 60 days of free support for what it's
worth.

This may help you to in the understanding of Vista, not that I am calling
you a dummy.

http://www.andyrathbone.com/books/vista/index.html

Nici

Re: I am about to drive insane....

"Mr. Arnold" wrote:

> "Nici" <Nici@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to register my Vista Home Premium Online for a lil over a month
> > now, but for some reasion I always get an error on the Explorer and got no
> > clue why. I have already contacted Microsoft about it, but all they told
> > me
> > was, that I may need to update my Windows Explorer. Umm, the Computer is
> > brand new and after I installed Vista I went for all the updates, so I
> > already got the new Explorer. The whole thing drives me crazy, nothing
> > works,
> > I got no sound, nor does my cam works on here. I can not install the
> > drivers
> > prperly because I get errors. I am not sure if the problem acures because
> > Vista aint registered yet, but I would if the freaking System would let
> > me.
> > Does any of you got challenged by the same problem before and know what to
> > do?

> Do you know what UAC is about?
>
> A user with Admin rights is locked down on Vista and only has Standard user
> rights in some cases. The user's rights sometimes even Admin rights have to
> be escalated with Run As Administrator.
>
> You can always turn UAC off and back on, but you should learn how to work
> with UAC.
>
> <http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/12/19/turn-off-or-disable-user-account-control-uac-in-windows-vista/>
>

> > Maybe one of you can help.
> >

> There is always a free phone call to MS Windows Registration. If you have a
> retail version of Vista, you also have 60 days of free support for what it's
> worth.
>
> This may help you to in the understanding of Vista, not that I am calling
> you a dummy.
>
> http://www.andyrathbone.com/books/vista/index.html
>
> Hi Mr. Arnold,

thanks for your answer. Here in Germany we do not have free telephone
support, that is why I try to get it solved on here. I guess I just keep
looking and try to send them another Mail and maybe they can help me this
time.

I did tried the thing with the UCE but it did not work at all..
Maybe someone else had the same problem time being and were able to solve it.
If so, I hope I will hear about it ;-)

Thanks though.

philo

Re: I am about to drive insane....

"Nici" <Nici@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to register my Vista Home Premium Online for a lil over a

month
> now, but for some reasion I always get an error on the Explorer and got no
> clue why. I have already contacted Microsoft about it, but all they told

me
> was, that I may need to update my Windows Explorer. Umm, the Computer is
> brand new

<SNIP>

Since the computer is new, you need to return it to where you got it and
demonstrate the problem to them
and INSIST they fix it under warranty. Otherwise return it for a refund .

If you fool around too much with it yourself, they may void your warranty.

Even though you are normally a very polite person...this is one time to be
"economical" with your normally good manners.

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: I am about to drive insane....
Download and run Everest Home 220. This program will give you the
information about your sound card such that you can load the correct
drivers.

Your webcam may well not be Vista compatible. Go to the webcam manufacturer
site to check.

Are you talking about registering or activating? And what error message do
you get when trying?

--
Mike Hall - MVP

"Nici" <Nici@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to register my Vista Home Premium Online for a lil over a month
> now, but for some reasion I always get an error on the Explorer and got no
> clue why. I have already contacted Microsoft about it, but all they told
> me
> was, that I may need to update my Windows Explorer. Umm, the Computer is
> brand new and after I installed Vista I went for all the updates, so I
> already got the new Explorer. The whole thing drives me crazy, nothing
> works,
> I got no sound, nor does my cam works on here. I can not install the
> drivers
> prperly because I get errors. I am not sure if the problem acures because
> Vista aint registered yet, but I would if the freaking System would let
> me.
> Does any of you got challenged by the same problem before and know what to
> do?
>
> I am really thinking about to deinstall the Vista and try the whole thing
> with my old XP version. The Setup CD for this PC is suck too.
>
> Maybe one of you can help.
>
> Thanks,
> Nici

Nici

Re: I am about to drive insane....
Hi Mike,

I downloaded the Everest Home 220, don't really get smart with it though,
but I am trying :-). It does shows me a Multimedia folder but i can not get
the driver for it. I guess I have to wait till my boyfriend comes on dec 20th
and he needs to take a look, otherwise i might have to send it back to
Amazon, if it is not to late. There was non installed to the PC, no book
nothing, just the Motherboard CD and that was it. I swear, never buy a cheap
Tower in a hurry. It sure aint worth the trouble.

I am trying to register my Vista Online in hope that things might get
better, but actually it got nothing to do with the Sound card.
With the cam you might be right, I forgot that I already used it with my old
PC and did not get a new one yet. I finally did found a free number to call
to register the Vista, I might try that. But you wanted to know what shows
when I try it online, well it gives me in the explorer an error in the left
corner saying "Error on this page" (tried to translate it from German to
English). It just does not say what kind of Error.

If you got any other suggestion for me to try, you more than welcome.
Thanks a lot.
"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> Download and run Everest Home 220. This program will give you the
> information about your sound card such that you can load the correct
> drivers.
>
> Your webcam may well not be Vista compatible. Go to the webcam manufacturer
> site to check.
>
> Are you talking about registering or activating? And what error message do
> you get when trying?
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
>

> "Nici" <Nici@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to register my Vista Home Premium Online for a lil over a month
> > now, but for some reasion I always get an error on the Explorer and got no
> > clue why. I have already contacted Microsoft about it, but all they told
> > me
> > was, that I may need to update my Windows Explorer. Umm, the Computer is
> > brand new and after I installed Vista I went for all the updates, so I
> > already got the new Explorer. The whole thing drives me crazy, nothing
> > works,
> > I got no sound, nor does my cam works on here. I can not install the
> > drivers
> > prperly because I get errors. I am not sure if the problem acures because
> > Vista aint registered yet, but I would if the freaking System would let
> > me.
> > Does any of you got challenged by the same problem before and know what to
> > do?
> >
> > I am really thinking about to deinstall the Vista and try the whole thing
> > with my old XP version. The Setup CD for this PC is suck too.
> >
> > Maybe one of you can help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nici

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: I am about to drive insane....
In the Everest Multimedia folder, there is a heading 'PCI/PnP Audio'. What
does it say for that?

Re. registering, is your computer reminding you to activate it?

--
Mike Hall - MVP