Activation Problem

Balkar Singh

Activation Problem
I have to format the Hard Disk because of technical problem in the Hard Disk.
I am already registered by username: Balkar Singh and Computer Name: Harnoor
but due to the Re-Installation on the same Computer it is difficult to
register again. What to do now?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Activation Problem
You can activate Vista by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4
2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Select your Country.
4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.
5. Once completed, restart your computer.
6. Then visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click "Validate Windows"
and restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Balkar Singh" <Balkar Singh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:796BD697-D4F0-4B52-B124-E7DE5BB8185C@microsoft.com...
I have to format the Hard Disk because of technical problem in the Hard Disk.
I am already registered by username: Balkar Singh and Computer Name: Harnoor
but due to the Re-Installation on the same Computer it is difficult to
register again. What to do now?
John Barnett MVP

Re: Activation Problem
Use the telephone activation option. See this link on my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Balkar Singh" <Balkar Singh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to format the Hard Disk because of technical problem in the Hard
>Disk.
> I am already registered by username: Balkar Singh and Computer Name:
> Harnoor
> but due to the Re-Installation on the same Computer it is difficult to
> register again. What to do now?

tentaro

Re: Activation Problem
So unfortuantely, I got this error the first time I installed it. Which means
somehow, someone piracted my product key, which doesn't seem possible but
apparently it happened. Anyway, I ran through the phone activation and 5 days
later my hard drive crashed. I have now reinstalled Vista again, of course I
am still getting the already in use error (why?) but now I cannot use the
automated phone service either. This is really frustrating. I already
reported to the piracy site that my key was copied but are they gonna fix
this so that I can use the key that I received with my Genuine software?
Anyone know? The other problem I have is that it is an OEM copy that I
bought while I built this machine from scratch and Microsoft won't support it
even to fix a problem like this. This is not a problem that anyone else can
fix but them so why should I be charged $60 so they can fix this problem?
Does it cost $60 to deactivate the pirates key?