Default installation path/drive ?

Mr M

Hi !

I have a customer with a C drive and D drive, when he tries to install a
application on C the computer sets D as default installation drive... No
problem so far it's easy to change it to C, but when he first run the program
it's self extract some files and those goes to D and he can't do anything to
stop that,and this program must be installed on C...
How can i change the default installation drive to C in Vista Home premium
(swedish) (an Acer laptop)
The program is Avanza Eco trader and the program manufactor says it works in
Vista...
If i don't get this to work on monday he's gone return the computer and buy
an computer with Xp instead and i don't want that to happen.

/ don't like Vista right now...
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Default installation path/drive ?
1. Right-click the "Computer" icon located in the Start Menu.
2. Choose "Properties" from the context menu.
3. Click the "Advanced system settings" link on the left side.
4. Click the "Environment Variables" button.
5. Make your desired changes to the "C:" drive.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mr M" <Mr M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:836D27B3-7193-4E4B-BF66-7005BA20C163@microsoft.com...
Hi !

I have a customer with a C drive and D drive, when he tries to install a
application on C the computer sets D as default installation drive... No
problem so far it's easy to change it to C, but when he first run the program
it's self extract some files and those goes to D and he can't do anything to
stop that,and this program must be installed on C...
How can i change the default installation drive to C in Vista Home premium
(swedish) (an Acer laptop)
The program is Avanza Eco trader and the program manufactor says it works in
Vista...
If i don't get this to work on monday he's gone return the computer and buy
an computer with Xp instead and i don't want that to happen.

/ don't like Vista right now...
Mr M

Re: Default installation path/drive ?
Thanks, I will test that...

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Right-click the "Computer" icon located in the Start Menu.
> 2. Choose "Properties" from the context menu.
> 3. Click the "Advanced system settings" link on the left side.
> 4. Click the "Environment Variables" button.
> 5. Make your desired changes to the "C:" drive.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Mr M" <Mr M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:836D27B3-7193-4E4B-BF66-7005BA20C163@microsoft.com...
> Hi !
>
> I have a customer with a C drive and D drive, when he tries to install a
> application on C the computer sets D as default installation drive... No
> problem so far it's easy to change it to C, but when he first run the program
> it's self extract some files and those goes to D and he can't do anything to
> stop that,and this program must be installed on C...
> How can i change the default installation drive to C in Vista Home premium
> (swedish) (an Acer laptop)
> The program is Avanza Eco trader and the program manufactor says it works in
> Vista...
> If i don't get this to work on monday he's gone return the computer and buy
> an computer with Xp instead and i don't want that to happen.
>
> / don't like Vista right now...

Quicksand10@gmail.com

Re: Default installation path/drive ?
On Nov 30, 2:06 pm, "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfri...@nospamgmail.com>
wrote:
> 1. Right-click the "Computer" icon located in the Start Menu.
> 2. Choose "Properties" from the context menu.
> 3. Click the "Advanced system settings" link on the left side.
> 4. Click the "Environment Variables" button.
> 5. Make your desired changes to the "C:" drive.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

This doesnt work for me... I can't find what to change in order to
make it change the default install directory...
Mr M

Re: Default installation path/drive ?
I can't find it......, no solution ?