Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.

Redd

Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
Hello:

This is my first time visiting and posting to this group. I am here because
I need help, and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful
people here.

I have an HP pc that came with Vista Home Premium and software like MS Works
8, Muvee and other preloaded apps. I used anytime upgrade to buy Vista
Ultimate 64 bits on a separate DVD. Currently I am using Vista Ultimate 32
bits as an upgrade from Home Premium.

My question and deep desire is to get Vista Ultimate 64 installed (I know
that I need/have to do a clean install) and then regain my preloaded
software like MS Works 8 and Muvee along with the other stuff that came with
Home Premium.

If I do a Full Backup with Vista Ultimate 32 bits, will I be able to do a
complete restore once Vista Ultimate 64 bits is installed and regain full
use of my apps/software (MS Works 8, Muvee etc.) that was installed with
Vista Home Premium 32 bits?

If that want work, is there any other ways to regain full use of the
preloaded apps/software in Vista Ultimate 64 bits?

Thanks for any help you can give.

David B.

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
If you do a full backup of Vista 32 bit, then install, 64 bit, then restore
the backup, you will be back to 32 bit.
You'll need to reinstall your apps after the 64 bit install.

--
----

"Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> This is my first time visiting and posting to this group. I am here
> because I need help, and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable
> and helpful people here.
>
> I have an HP pc that came with Vista Home Premium and software like MS
> Works 8, Muvee and other preloaded apps. I used anytime upgrade to buy
> Vista Ultimate 64 bits on a separate DVD. Currently I am using Vista
> Ultimate 32 bits as an upgrade from Home Premium.
>
> My question and deep desire is to get Vista Ultimate 64 installed (I know
> that I need/have to do a clean install) and then regain my preloaded
> software like MS Works 8 and Muvee along with the other stuff that came
> with Home Premium.
>
> If I do a Full Backup with Vista Ultimate 32 bits, will I be able to do a
> complete restore once Vista Ultimate 64 bits is installed and regain full
> use of my apps/software (MS Works 8, Muvee etc.) that was installed with
> Vista Home Premium 32 bits?
>
> If that want work, is there any other ways to regain full use of the
> preloaded apps/software in Vista Ultimate 64 bits?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.

Redd

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
Thank you.

The apps that I want to keep are on the Hard drive and came bundled from HP
the manufacturer. I don't have any other or separate media to reinstall from
after the 64 bit install.
"David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> If you do a full backup of Vista 32 bit, then install, 64 bit, then
> restore the backup, you will be back to 32 bit.
> You'll need to reinstall your apps after the 64 bit install.
>
> --
> ----
>
> __________________________________________________ _
>
> "Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> This is my first time visiting and posting to this group. I am here
>> because I need help, and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable
>> and helpful people here.
>>
>> I have an HP pc that came with Vista Home Premium and software like MS
>> Works 8, Muvee and other preloaded apps. I used anytime upgrade to buy
>> Vista Ultimate 64 bits on a separate DVD. Currently I am using Vista
>> Ultimate 32 bits as an upgrade from Home Premium.
>>
>> My question and deep desire is to get Vista Ultimate 64 installed (I know
>> that I need/have to do a clean install) and then regain my preloaded
>> software like MS Works 8 and Muvee along with the other stuff that came
>> with Home Premium.
>>
>> If I do a Full Backup with Vista Ultimate 32 bits, will I be able to do a
>> complete restore once Vista Ultimate 64 bits is installed and regain full
>> use of my apps/software (MS Works 8, Muvee etc.) that was installed with
>> Vista Home Premium 32 bits?
>>
>> If that want work, is there any other ways to regain full use of the
>> preloaded apps/software in Vista Ultimate 64 bits?
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can give.

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
The apps can be downloaded from the HP support web site, but they may not
all work with 64bit Vista. Go there to check them out..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

> Thank you.
>
> The apps that I want to keep are on the Hard drive and came bundled from
> HP the manufacturer. I don't have any other or separate media to reinstall
> from after the 64 bit install.
> "David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>> If you do a full backup of Vista 32 bit, then install, 64 bit, then
>> restore the backup, you will be back to 32 bit.
>> You'll need to reinstall your apps after the 64 bit install.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>
>> __________________________________________________ _
>>
>> "Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> This is my first time visiting and posting to this group. I am here
>>> because I need help, and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable
>>> and helpful people here.
>>>
>>> I have an HP pc that came with Vista Home Premium and software like MS
>>> Works 8, Muvee and other preloaded apps. I used anytime upgrade to buy
>>> Vista Ultimate 64 bits on a separate DVD. Currently I am using Vista
>>> Ultimate 32 bits as an upgrade from Home Premium.
>>>
>>> My question and deep desire is to get Vista Ultimate 64 installed (I
>>> know that I need/have to do a clean install) and then regain my
>>> preloaded software like MS Works 8 and Muvee along with the other stuff
>>> that came with Home Premium.
>>>
>>> If I do a Full Backup with Vista Ultimate 32 bits, will I be able to do
>>> a complete restore once Vista Ultimate 64 bits is installed and regain
>>> full use of my apps/software (MS Works 8, Muvee etc.) that was installed
>>> with Vista Home Premium 32 bits?
>>>
>>> If that want work, is there any other ways to regain full use of the
>>> preloaded apps/software in Vista Ultimate 64 bits?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help you can give.

David B.

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
Then unless HP makes them available for download as Mike suggested, your are
SOL.

--
----

"Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thank you.
>
> The apps that I want to keep are on the Hard drive and came bundled from
> HP the manufacturer. I don't have any other or separate media to reinstall
> from after the 64 bit install.
> "David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>> If you do a full backup of Vista 32 bit, then install, 64 bit, then
>> restore the backup, you will be back to 32 bit.
>> You'll need to reinstall your apps after the 64 bit install.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>
>> __________________________________________________ _
>>
>> "Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> This is my first time visiting and posting to this group. I am here
>>> because I need help, and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable
>>> and helpful people here.
>>>
>>> I have an HP pc that came with Vista Home Premium and software like MS
>>> Works 8, Muvee and other preloaded apps. I used anytime upgrade to buy
>>> Vista Ultimate 64 bits on a separate DVD. Currently I am using Vista
>>> Ultimate 32 bits as an upgrade from Home Premium.
>>>
>>> My question and deep desire is to get Vista Ultimate 64 installed (I
>>> know that I need/have to do a clean install) and then regain my
>>> preloaded software like MS Works 8 and Muvee along with the other stuff
>>> that came with Home Premium.
>>>
>>> If I do a Full Backup with Vista Ultimate 32 bits, will I be able to do
>>> a complete restore once Vista Ultimate 64 bits is installed and regain
>>> full use of my apps/software (MS Works 8, Muvee etc.) that was installed
>>> with Vista Home Premium 32 bits?
>>>
>>> If that want work, is there any other ways to regain full use of the
>>> preloaded apps/software in Vista Ultimate 64 bits?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help you can give.

Redd

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
Thanks you all.

HP's website don't offer the bundled software that I would like to keep
after the upgrade. Maybe after Microsoft offer SP1 I can do and "upgrade"
from Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits instead of a clean install that wipes my
hard drive before it installs itself.

> Then unless HP makes them available for download as Mike suggested, your
> are SOL.
>
> --
> ----
>
> __________________________________________________ _
>
> "Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you.
>>
>> The apps that I want to keep are on the Hard drive and came bundled from
>> HP the manufacturer. I don't have any other or separate media to
>> reinstall from after the 64 bit install.
>> "David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>>> If you do a full backup of Vista 32 bit, then install, 64 bit, then
>>> restore the backup, you will be back to 32 bit.
>>> You'll need to reinstall your apps after the 64 bit install.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ----
>>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>>
>>> __________________________________________________ _

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
64bit is a different platform. It is not an upgrade and never will be.

--
Mike Hall - MVP

> Thanks you all.
>
> HP's website don't offer the bundled software that I would like to keep
> after the upgrade. Maybe after Microsoft offer SP1 I can do and "upgrade"
> from Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits instead of a clean install that wipes
> my hard drive before it installs itself.
>

> "David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>> Then unless HP makes them available for download as Mike suggested, your
>> are SOL.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>
>> __________________________________________________ _
>>
>> "Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> The apps that I want to keep are on the Hard drive and came bundled from
>>> HP the manufacturer. I don't have any other or separate media to
>>> reinstall from after the 64 bit install.

Redd

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
Thank you.

Rumor has is that Microsoft will merge the 32 and 64 bit platforms with SP1
or soon thereafter.

Where did you hear this?

--
Mike Hall - MVP

"Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
newsB373B74-4FC2-4FBF-90B5-355F52F1D3D9@microsoft.com...
> Thank you.
>
> Rumor has is that Microsoft will merge the 32 and 64 bit platforms with
> SP1 or soon thereafter.
>

> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
>> 64bit is a different platform. It is not an upgrade and never will be.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>

>> "Redd" <reddcloak-real@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks you all.
>>>
>>> HP's website don't offer the bundled software that I would like to keep
>>> after the upgrade. Maybe after Microsoft offer SP1 I can do and
>>> "upgrade" from Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits instead of a clean install
>>> that wipes my hard drive before it installs itself.

Walter Blanchard

Re: Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits without loosing apps.
That doesn't seem very likely. Check your source.

--

Walter B
waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com