Vista screen saver

Zilla

Vista screen saver
Dumb question here..

I just bought an HP laptop with Vista Home Premium. For some reason, the
screen save will NOT activate when the laptop is powered from AC, and boots
this way. It does activate when on battery, or when when on battery and then
subsequently plugged onto AC. I have a wireless mouse and k/b via USB
when on power.

My power (Balanced mode) options are set to "Turn off Display"
at 2 mins for battery, and 5 mins for AC, and screen saver is set to 5 mins.

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: Vista screen saver

"Zilla" <zilla62XSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Kmy3j.19697$K27.1270@bignews6.bellsouth.net.. .
> Dumb question here..
>
> I just bought an HP laptop with Vista Home Premium. For some reason, the
> screen save will NOT activate when the laptop is powered from AC, and boots
> this way. It does activate when on battery, or when when on battery and then
> subsequently plugged onto AC. I have a wireless mouse and k/b via USB
> when on power.
>
> My power (Balanced mode) options are set to "Turn off Display"
> at 2 mins for battery, and 5 mins for AC, and screen saver is set to 5 mins.

If the display is set to turn off at two minutes on battery, and is
set for the exact same time as the saver activation is set ( 5
minutes) when on A/C, the screensaver will never activate
as the Display is no longer active in either case.

Zilla

Re: Vista screen saver
"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "Zilla" <zilla62XSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

news:Kmy3j.19697$K27.1270@bignews6.bellsouth.net.. .
> > Dumb question here..
> >
> > I just bought an HP laptop with Vista Home Premium. For some reason, the
> > screen save will NOT activate when the laptop is powered from AC, and

boots
> > this way. It does activate when on battery, or when when on battery and

then
> > subsequently plugged onto AC. I have a wireless mouse and k/b via USB
> > when on power.
> >
> > My power (Balanced mode) options are set to "Turn off Display"
> > at 2 mins for battery, and 5 mins for AC, and screen saver is set to 5

mins.

> If the display is set to turn off at two minutes on battery, and is
> set for the exact same time as the saver activation is set ( 5
> minutes) when on A/C, the screensaver will never activate
> as the Display is no longer active in either case.

Maybe I don't feel dumb after all. I did the following test to
follow your logic.

I set the display to turn off after 10 mins for both battery and
wall AC, and screen saver to 1 min. This should work correct?
But it didn't, that is, screen saver did NOT come on.

-Zilla

Zilla

Re: Vista screen saver
"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "Zilla" <zilla62XSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

news:Kmy3j.19697$K27.1270@bignews6.bellsouth.net.. .
> > Dumb question here..
> >
> > I just bought an HP laptop with Vista Home Premium. For some reason, the
> > screen save will NOT activate when the laptop is powered from AC, and

boots
> > this way. It does activate when on battery, or when when on battery and

then
> > subsequently plugged onto AC. I have a wireless mouse and k/b via USB
> > when on power.
> >
> > My power (Balanced mode) options are set to "Turn off Display"
> > at 2 mins for battery, and 5 mins for AC, and screen saver is set to 5

mins.

> If the display is set to turn off at two minutes on battery, and is
> set for the exact same time as the saver activation is set ( 5
> minutes) when on A/C, the screensaver will never activate
> as the Display is no longer active in either case.

Ok, it's a known bug.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911895/en-us

-Zilla

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: Vista screen saver

"Zilla" <zilla62XSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message...

> Ok, it's a known bug.

> -Zilla

Thanks for the update Zilla'.... my response was merely cursory
from observation.

DM