Windows Installer

marcusFZ6

Windows Installer
Acer Aspire9300 with VHP. I put some software on to my wifes pooter to use
our HP printer/scanner. After a short time I releised that I didn't need this
software to use the machine as it will run through Vista anyway. So I have
unistalled the software and a few bits that were left in C:\\programs. The
trouble is that when the pooter boots up the Windows Installer program runs
and is trying to find the disc to install the remaining software. Obviously I
have left some bits but not sure where thou. Please tell me how to remove any
further software and how to stop the installer program running on start-up.
Many thanks, Marcus
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Installer
Hi Marcus,

Use System Restore to return to a point prior to the initial install, then
just install the printer without the associated software if it's natively
supported.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"marcusFZ6" <marcusFZ6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Acer Aspire9300 with VHP. I put some software on to my wifes pooter to use
> our HP printer/scanner. After a short time I releised that I didn't need
> this
> software to use the machine as it will run through Vista anyway. So I have
> unistalled the software and a few bits that were left in C:\\programs. The
> trouble is that when the pooter boots up the Windows Installer program
> runs
> and is trying to find the disc to install the remaining software.
> Obviously I
> have left some bits but not sure where thou. Please tell me how to remove
> any
> further software and how to stop the installer program running on
> start-up.
> Many thanks, Marcus

marcusFZ6

Re: Windows Installer
Hi Rick,

I was going to do this but the system restore only lets me go back to the
point when I did the first install. How can you go back a few days in System
Restore as I can't work it out. Even the restore to another point doesn't
take me back far enough.

Cheerz, Marcus
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Installer
Hi,

If there's no point available, there's no way to go back further. Check HP's
site for an installer cleanup utility for that printer model.

--

> Hi Rick,
>
> I was going to do this but the system restore only lets me go back to the
> point when I did the first install. How can you go back a few days in
> System
> Restore as I can't work it out. Even the restore to another point doesn't
> take me back far enough.
>
> Cheerz, Marcus

Jim H

Re: Windows Installer
Maybe it could reinstall the spell checker for those who have a hard time
using english...