Activation sucks again! MS: PLease make this working reliable and

Chris G

Activation sucks again! MS: PLease make this working reliable and
Again I had severe problems with activating a vista:

1. I restored a backup of a vista
2. restarting it a dialog is displayed considering me as crime: "your
windows may be illegal"
3. I clicked it away, but now windows does not work properly, e.g. control
panel can not be opend. Why???? No hint about a reduced functionality (I had
that behavior (vista seems not to work properly) with several vistas.)
4. I restarted vista, now an activation is required. Why??? I had only added
one component, I did not remove any. So, why the hell do I have to activate
again????
5. I tried to activate online => did not work, because I had deactivated the
network and vista does not activate it. So, why is there no option to
activate the network?????
6. I started the minimal windows, well only one IE window pops up. After10
minutes I managed to start the desktop without activating vista and I
activated the network
7. I tried again activating online, and again it failed!! WHY???????
(the IE has access to the web, so the net is working.)
8. I called the number to activate, busy, again, busy, busy,... WHY?????
9. I called the MS partner hotline, they gave me another number, busy, too.
3 times!! why????
10. again I called the MS partner hotline and finally they put me through to
the actication center directly.
11. I entered the many many digits: Why is this so user unfriendly????
12. being upset due to that extremely long precedure, it seems I mistyped
one digit (although the system accepted it), and the activation failed again.
13. Then I got personal assistance and I have to tell the many many digits
and then enter many many digit. And the line was really bad, so that it was
hard to understand the speaker at the other side with a nasty accent.

I am MS Partner and a MSDN subscriber and I have to do often tests with
different Vistas and restoring Vistas to have clean systems. Sometimes
activating a new installation of a Vista is ok. But this is "§$!§!§"!

I have to work and do not want to - again and again - waste time in
activating Vista.
If activating would work in less than a minutes and would work reliable it
is ok, but this is again a desaster.
It is not the 1st time I took me an hour or more to activatea vista.
One time even the support was not able to help me to activate a french
vista. I had to reinstall it.

Can anyone from MS please answer me, how to avoid such scenarios in the
future.

Chris
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Activation sucks again! MS: PLease make this working reliable and
Sorry, this is a peer-to-peer newsgroup. If you wish to
communicate to Microsoft directly:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?gprid=11732

--
Carey Frisch