Can I install Vista Home Premium again?

Alex

Can I install Vista Home Premium again?
Im really angry that since buying Vista Home Premium in August, Ive bought a
new computer and wishing to uninstall it on my old comp and have it on my new
one instead. However, this is apparently not possible, as I have formatted my
old hard disk and got rid of all info but when I insert the key it says that
its already in use, even though it isnt. Can it be done somehow? Can I ask
for a refund? Can I get a new key? Thanks.
JW

Re: Can I install Vista Home Premium again?
Use telephone activation and tell them what you have done and they will help
you activate Vista in your replacement computer.

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im really angry that since buying Vista Home Premium in August, Ive bought
> new computer and wishing to uninstall it on my old comp and have it on my
> new
> one instead. However, this is apparently not possible, as I have formatted
> my
> old hard disk and got rid of all info but when I insert the key it says
> that
> its already in use, even though it isnt. Can it be done somehow? Can I ask
> for a refund? Can I get a new key? Thanks.

Bruce Chambers

Alex wrote:
> Im really angry that since buying Vista Home Premium in August, Ive bought a
> new computer and wishing to uninstall it on my old comp and have it on my new
> one instead. However, this is apparently not possible, as I have formatted my
> old hard disk and got rid of all info but when I insert the key it says that
> its already in use, even though it isnt. Can it be done somehow? Can I ask
> for a refund? Can I get a new key? Thanks.

It is in use, by you, because of your initial installation and
Activation. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to activate the
new installation by telephone.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Can I install Vista Home Premium again?
Product activation registered the key as in use with the system
configuration of the machine originally running the OS. The key remains
registered as in use even when you turn your computer off.

Use phone activation for the new computer. When completed, the key will then
be registered with the new configuration.

--
Mike Hall - MVP