Install Loop Prevents Completion

Vista Blues

Install Loop Prevents Completion
I am trying to complete a new installation of Vista Home Premium on a new
system build, (ASUS 680i SLI, E6750, 1GB 6400 DDR2, SATA1) but continue to
get the following error message "The computer has restarted unexpectedly or
encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To
install Windows, check "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the
installation. " The problem is that this error is repeated every time that
the computer reboots. I haved updated the bios with the most recent version,
set the memory voltage to 2.0V, set the HDD to SATA1, but none of this has
helped. Does anyone have any further suggestions?

My apologies if this question is answered elsewhere in discussion. I looked
but did not find it.
Mick Murphy

RE: Install Loop Prevents Completion
You need to install SATA driver.

"Vista Blues" wrote:

> I am trying to complete a new installation of Vista Home Premium on a new
> system build, (ASUS 680i SLI, E6750, 1GB 6400 DDR2, SATA1) but continue to
> get the following error message "The computer has restarted unexpectedly or
> encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To
> install Windows, check "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the
> installation. " The problem is that this error is repeated every time that
> the computer reboots. I haved updated the bios with the most recent version,
> set the memory voltage to 2.0V, set the HDD to SATA1, but none of this has
> helped. Does anyone have any further suggestions?
>
> My apologies if this question is answered elsewhere in discussion. I looked
> but did not find it.

wiglyworm@gmail.com

Re: Install Loop Prevents Completion
How does one install their SATA drivers when the computer won't load
in to Vista in the first place?
Balding

RE: Install Loop Prevents Completion
I am experiencing your identical problem. The only difference is that I
inadvertently kicked the A/C plug out of its socket after 75% of the Vista
software had loaded. Since I am in the same "eternal loop" you describe, I
would appreciate knowing if you found, or were provided, a solution. I sent
a webform to Microsoft describing the problem, and have received a standard
reply stating they would try to get back to me in 24 hours. That period has
lapsed and I would really like to get my new system up and running - - -
hence this communication.
--
It may be true that "money can''t buy happiness". However - - - money, and
lots of it, should absolutely provide one with long-term security!

;-)