Dell A940 printer driver-can one download this to Vista 32-bit?

Mongeaudem

Dell A940 printer driver-can one download this to Vista 32-bit?
I have been trying for hours to download the driver for DellA940 printer. I
have tried from the Dell site, and I have tried with Dell support on the
phone. I have tried from the Microsoft pop up when it detects the printer
hardward and then offers to search for and download the driver. Has anyone
been able to successfully download this driver so that they can use their
printer with Vista?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup
Mick Murphy

RE: Dell A940 printer driver-can one download this to Vista 32-bit?
And????? You don't say what happens, or what Dell said about it.

"Mongeaudem" wrote:

> I have been trying for hours to download the driver for DellA940 printer. I
> have tried from the Dell site, and I have tried with Dell support on the
> phone. I have tried from the Microsoft pop up when it detects the printer
> hardward and then offers to search for and download the driver. Has anyone
> been able to successfully download this driver so that they can use their
> printer with Vista?
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

Mongeaudem

RE: Dell A940 printer driver-can one download this to Vista 32-bit
When I downloaded the driver from the Dell site the first time, the scanner
actually worked. But when I tried to print I got an error message. I still
got the error message when I tried to download the driver with a technician
on the phone from Dell. He said that either McAfee was interfering with the
download, or the Driver was incompatible with microsoft. The last time I
tried to download the driver over the internet, I was able to get the file
onto my desktop, but I could not run it once it was unzipped. I would double
click on the file icon, and a list of files would open. When I pressed the
start button and "R", then whichever file was highlighted at the time would
open, but I could not find a way to get anything to run.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> And????? You don't say what happens, or what Dell said about it.
>
> "Mongeaudem" wrote:
>
> > I have been trying for hours to download the driver for DellA940 printer. I
> > have tried from the Dell site, and I have tried with Dell support on the
> > phone. I have tried from the Microsoft pop up when it detects the printer
> > hardward and then offers to search for and download the driver. Has anyone
> > been able to successfully download this driver so that they can use their
> > printer with Vista?
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

golfwidow1

RE: Dell A940 printer driver-can one download this to Vista 32-bit
Mongeaudewm , did you ever get an answer from someone, I have the same problem?

"Mongeaudem" wrote:

> When I downloaded the driver from the Dell site the first time, the scanner
> actually worked. But when I tried to print I got an error message. I still
> got the error message when I tried to download the driver with a technician
> on the phone from Dell. He said that either McAfee was interfering with the
> download, or the Driver was incompatible with microsoft. The last time I
> tried to download the driver over the internet, I was able to get the file
> onto my desktop, but I could not run it once it was unzipped. I would double
> click on the file icon, and a list of files would open. When I pressed the
> start button and "R", then whichever file was highlighted at the time would
> open, but I could not find a way to get anything to run.
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > And????? You don't say what happens, or what Dell said about it.
> >
> > "Mongeaudem" wrote:
> >
> > > I have been trying for hours to download the driver for DellA940 printer. I
> > > have tried from the Dell site, and I have tried with Dell support on the
> > > phone. I have tried from the Microsoft pop up when it detects the printer
> > > hardward and then offers to search for and download the driver. Has anyone
> > > been able to successfully download this driver so that they can use their
> > > printer with Vista?
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

Mongeaudem

RE: Dell A940 printer driver-can one download this to Vista 32-bit
Hi Golfwidow1,
I never got any answers on-line. I finally paid the big bucks and
telephoned microsoft tech support. That was very helpful. Dell tech support
could never resolve the problem, and Gateway (my laptop is a Gateway product)
does not provide free tech support if there is a second party (like Dell)
involved. Microsoft charged about $170 (again, it was more exensive because
a second party was involved), but the tech was very, very pleasant and
helpful.

Good Luck.

Mongeaudem

"golfwidow1" wrote:

> Mongeaudewm , did you ever get an answer from someone, I have the same problem?
>
> "Mongeaudem" wrote:
>
> > When I downloaded the driver from the Dell site the first time, the scanner
> > actually worked. But when I tried to print I got an error message. I still
> > got the error message when I tried to download the driver with a technician
> > on the phone from Dell. He said that either McAfee was interfering with the
> > download, or the Driver was incompatible with microsoft. The last time I
> > tried to download the driver over the internet, I was able to get the file
> > onto my desktop, but I could not run it once it was unzipped. I would double
> > click on the file icon, and a list of files would open. When I pressed the
> > start button and "R", then whichever file was highlighted at the time would
> > open, but I could not find a way to get anything to run.
> >
> > "Mick Murphy" wrote:
> >
> > > And????? You don't say what happens, or what Dell said about it.

golfwidow1

RE: Dell A940 printer driver-can one download this to Vista 32-bit
too bad you could have bought a new printer for that money.