Getting 64 bit Installation media

UweBauer

Getting 64 bit Installation media
I tried to order the 64 bit alternative media DVD at the URL indicated on a
card which came with my full retail version of Windows Vista Home Premium,
BUT after entering my 5x5 digit product key, I get an error message that no
product is available.

What to do now?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Getting 64 bit Installation media
If your product is an OEM copy of Vista, that would be that. Your OEM may
provide one for you at a discount, or not. Retail copies are eligible for
free (small shipping and handling charger applies) copy of the 64 bit media
but OEM copies are not.

"UweBauer" <UweBauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to order the 64 bit alternative media DVD at the URL indicated on a
> card which came with my full retail version of Windows Vista Home Premium,
> BUT after entering my 5x5 digit product key, I get an error message that
> no
> product is available.
>
> What to do now?

UweBauer

Re: Getting 64 bit Installation media
As said, my Vista is a full retail version, but on the MS site to order the
64 bit media fails, the error message is not that it is not eligible, but

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> If your product is an OEM copy of Vista, that would be that. Your OEM may
> provide one for you at a discount, or not. Retail copies are eligible for
> free (small shipping and handling charger applies) copy of the 64 bit media
> but OEM copies are not.

> "UweBauer" <UweBauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried to order the 64 bit alternative media DVD at the URL indicated on a
> > card which came with my full retail version of Windows Vista Home Premium,
> > BUT after entering my 5x5 digit product key, I get an error message that
> > no
> > product is available.
> >
> > What to do now?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Getting 64 bit Installation media
If it's not eligible, then of course no product is available.