Error -5011 : 0x80040707

Hadassah

Error -5011 : 0x80040707
I am trying to install a game. It has two CDs. My computers runs the first CD
just fine, however when I put in CD 2 instead of reading it automatically, it
just sits there. A window opens up, and I click on browse and find the cab
file, but then it tells me installation failed, and gives me the following
error and information:

Error Code: -5011 : 0x80040707
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (524)

Is there anything I can do? I have been all over the Internet, but have been
unable to find anything on this particular problem?

Thank you very much!
Mick Murphy

RE: Error -5011 : 0x80040707
Did you check to see if the game is compatible with Vista?

"Hadassah" wrote:

> I am trying to install a game. It has two CDs. My computers runs the first CD
> just fine, however when I put in CD 2 instead of reading it automatically, it
> just sits there. A window opens up, and I click on browse and find the cab
> file, but then it tells me installation failed, and gives me the following
> error and information:
>
> Error Code: -5011 : 0x80040707
> Error Information:
> >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (524)

> Is there anything I can do? I have been all over the Internet, but have been
> unable to find anything on this particular problem?
>
> Thank you very much!

Hadassah

RE: Error -5011 : 0x80040707
Yes I did. It was made for XP, but was listed as a game that was compatible
for Vista, according to Windows Software Compatibility list it installs and
works for others. I'm the only one it seems to have this problem.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Did you check to see if the game is compatible with Vista?
>
> "Hadassah" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install a game. It has two CDs. My computers runs the first CD
> > just fine, however when I put in CD 2 instead of reading it automatically, it
> > just sits there. A window opens up, and I click on browse and find the cab
> > file, but then it tells me installation failed, and gives me the following
> > error and information:
> >
> > Error Code: -5011 : 0x80040707
> > Error Information:
> > >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (524)

> > Is there anything I can do? I have been all over the Internet, but have been
> > unable to find anything on this particular problem?
> >
> > Thank you very much!

Mick Murphy

RE: Error -5011 : 0x80040707
Have you right-clicked on the setup.exe of the game, and clicked run as Admin.

The other thing to try would be to right-click on it, select
Properties>Compatibility> XP SP2> install in that mode.

"Hadassah" wrote:

> Yes I did. It was made for XP, but was listed as a game that was compatible
> for Vista, according to Windows Software Compatibility list it installs and
> works for others. I'm the only one it seems to have this problem.
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > Did you check to see if the game is compatible with Vista?
> >
> > "Hadassah" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to install a game. It has two CDs. My computers runs the first CD
> > > just fine, however when I put in CD 2 instead of reading it automatically, it
> > > just sits there. A window opens up, and I click on browse and find the cab
> > > file, but then it tells me installation failed, and gives me the following
> > > error and information:
> > >
> > > Error Code: -5011 : 0x80040707
> > > Error Information:
> > >
> > > Is there anything I can do? I have been all over the Internet, but have been
> > > unable to find anything on this particular problem?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much!

Tonya

RE: Error -5011 : 0x80040707

"Hadassah" wrote:

> I am trying to install a game. It has two CDs. My computers runs the first CD
> just fine, however when I put in CD 2 instead of reading it automatically, it
> just sits there. A window opens up, and I click on browse and find the cab
> file, but then it tells me installation failed, and gives me the following
> error and information:
>
> Error Code: -5011 : 0x80040707
> Error Information:
> >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (524)

> Is there anything I can do? I have been all over the Internet, but have been
> unable to find anything on this particular problem?
>
> Thank you very much!

Tonya

RE: Error -5011 : 0x80040707

Did you turn off your UAC account in Control Panel when installing the
game?? Completley remove game. Turn off UAC Accounts and then re-install
again and see if this works for you.