Invalid avtivation Key

Fenriswulf

Invalid avtivation Key
I have had Vista for awhile now, and it has been a non-stop pain. Error after
error, with absolutely no help from microsoft. I've had to figure it out on
my own, and just a few days ago recovered from update errors. I had to format
my HDD, and lost all my info. I have now reinstalled Vista, and set my
computer back up, but was then hit with an Invalid Activation Key error,
claiming my Vista wasn't genuine. I again reinstalled Vista(because I was
only able to use the webbrowser), and am met with the same problem. My copy
of Vista is real, how do I fix this error? I don't want to have to erase
everything again. Vista has been a terrible experience, not worth the trouble
at all, but it's all I have.
Rick Rogers

Re: Invalid avtivation Key
Hi,

Does the error message actually say it's not genuine? Or that it's in use?
The latter is normal for a key that was previously activated, all you need
do is use the phone activation method.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Fenriswulf" <Fenriswulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had Vista for awhile now, and it has been a non-stop pain. Error
>after
> error, with absolutely no help from microsoft. I've had to figure it out
> on
> my own, and just a few days ago recovered from update errors. I had to
> format
> my HDD, and lost all my info. I have now reinstalled Vista, and set my
> computer back up, but was then hit with an Invalid Activation Key error,
> claiming my Vista wasn't genuine. I again reinstalled Vista(because I was
> only able to use the webbrowser), and am met with the same problem. My
> copy
> of Vista is real, how do I fix this error? I don't want to have to erase
> everything again. Vista has been a terrible experience, not worth the
> trouble
> at all, but it's all I have.

Fenriswulf

Re: Invalid avtivation Key
I tried the phone activation, my Vista is OEM, so of course, Microsoft will
only help for a ridiculous price. It's just such a pain, I don't recommend
Vista to anyone, wait until the next program comes out, then maybe Vista will
actually work.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does the error message actually say it's not genuine? Or that it's in use?
> The latter is normal for a key that was previously activated, all you need
> do is use the phone activation method.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Fenriswulf" <Fenriswulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have had Vista for awhile now, and it has been a non-stop pain. Error
> >after
> > error, with absolutely no help from microsoft. I've had to figure it out
> > on
> > my own, and just a few days ago recovered from update errors. I had to
> > format
> > my HDD, and lost all my info. I have now reinstalled Vista, and set my
> > computer back up, but was then hit with an Invalid Activation Key error,
> > claiming my Vista wasn't genuine. I again reinstalled Vista(because I was
> > only able to use the webbrowser), and am met with the same problem. My
> > copy
> > of Vista is real, how do I fix this error? I don't want to have to erase
> > everything again. Vista has been a terrible experience, not worth the
> > trouble
> > at all, but it's all I have.

Rick Rogers

Re: Invalid avtivation Key
Microsoft does not charge for product activation, regardless of whether it's
OEM or retail. OEM versions are charged for support incidents only.