Error 1303

klohman420

Error 1303
Hi guys,
I recently had a hardware crash and had to reinstall Vista with my backup
disk. I had most things backed up so that was alright; however I'm having a
problem reinstalling Adobe Photoshop CS2. At my initial install (back in
April) I had no problems. Now I'm getting the following error:

Error 1303. The installer has insufficient priveleges to access this
directory: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Updater. The installation cannot continue.
Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.

First off I am installing it with admin priveleges. I've tried to find the
folder "ProgramDate" to make sure I have full access as well; however it
doesn't exist. I've created the folder, but as soon as I name it
ProgramData, it disappears.

Any ideas of what's going on? Are there any workarounds? I really need
photoshop and I'd hate to have to install Windows XP too (even though it
worked great I'd rather just have one operating system).
Mick Murphy

RE: Error 1303
On the setup.exe of the Program have you tried right-clicking> Run As Admin?

"klohman420" wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I recently had a hardware crash and had to reinstall Vista with my backup
> disk. I had most things backed up so that was alright; however I'm having a
> problem reinstalling Adobe Photoshop CS2. At my initial install (back in
> April) I had no problems. Now I'm getting the following error:
>
> Error 1303. The installer has insufficient priveleges to access this
> directory: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Updater. The installation cannot continue.
> Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.
>
> First off I am installing it with admin priveleges. I've tried to find the
> folder "ProgramDate" to make sure I have full access as well; however it
> doesn't exist. I've created the folder, but as soon as I name it
> ProgramData, it disappears.
>
> Any ideas of what's going on? Are there any workarounds? I really need
> photoshop and I'd hate to have to install Windows XP too (even though it
> worked great I'd rather just have one operating system).

caretaker

Re: Error 1303

are you sure that you got the right file name? as I can't find it on my
comp? And have you tried doing a full repair? I also thought that CS 2
didn't work ( but that may only be for 64bit) on vista? But the topic
was discussed before on the vista forum, just can't remember lol

--
caretaker
klohman420

RE: Error 1303
Yeah, I do that every time. Incidentally, my HP Product Assistant gets an
installation error every time my computer starts up, and its because it
cannot update a ProductData folder.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> On the setup.exe of the Program have you tried right-clicking> Run As Admin?
>
> "klohman420" wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> > I recently had a hardware crash and had to reinstall Vista with my backup
> > disk. I had most things backed up so that was alright; however I'm having a
> > problem reinstalling Adobe Photoshop CS2. At my initial install (back in
> > April) I had no problems. Now I'm getting the following error:
> >
> > Error 1303. The installer has insufficient priveleges to access this
> > directory: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Updater. The installation cannot continue.
> > Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.
> >
> > First off I am installing it with admin priveleges. I've tried to find the
> > folder "ProgramDate" to make sure I have full access as well; however it
> > doesn't exist. I've created the folder, but as soon as I name it
> > ProgramData, it disappears.
> >
> > Any ideas of what's going on? Are there any workarounds? I really need
> > photoshop and I'd hate to have to install Windows XP too (even though it
> > worked great I'd rather just have one operating system).

klohman420

Re: Error 1303
The file name was copied verbatim. "Repair" is not an option because the
program is no longer on the computer. The issue is I can't reinstall the
program due to this error.