New Vista Upgrade continually restarts

s.d.

New Vista Upgrade continually restarts
I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. I was running fine on the
Vista initially, with the exception of my wireless internet connection, and
after a few failed attempts to rectify that, I connected through LAN
temporarily to perform updates. Now, since peforming the restart after the
updates, my computer is stuck in a cycle of restart. It will boot up, hit the
vista icon screen, progress to "please wait" then "configuring updates", then
it will flash to the user sign in screen for half a second, and then shut
down and restart, and repeat the cycle. Any suggestions?
bjr

Re: New Vista Upgrade continually restarts
Hit the f8 key during boot up and try last known good configuration. If
that does not work, go to safe mode and try to restore the system back
to a point i time before the updates

s.d. wrote:
> I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. I was running fine on the
> Vista initially, with the exception of my wireless internet connection, and
> after a few failed attempts to rectify that, I connected through LAN
> temporarily to perform updates. Now, since peforming the restart after the
> updates, my computer is stuck in a cycle of restart. It will boot up, hit the
> vista icon screen, progress to "please wait" then "configuring updates", then
> it will flash to the user sign in screen for half a second, and then shut
> down and restart, and repeat the cycle. Any suggestions?

s.d.

Re: New Vista Upgrade continually restarts
Neither "last known config" or safe mode solved the problem. several attempts
at both all still had an attempt to "configure updates" during the boot,
proceeding to automatic shutdown and restart.

One attempt did pause at the user log in screen long enough for me to move
the mouse, notice no curser, and as I jiggled mouse, shutdown and restart
commenced once again.

"bjr" wrote:

> Hit the f8 key during boot up and try last known good configuration. If
> that does not work, go to safe mode and try to restore the system back
> to a point i time before the updates
>
> s.d. wrote:
> > I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. I was running fine on the
> > Vista initially, with the exception of my wireless internet connection, and
> > after a few failed attempts to rectify that, I connected through LAN
> > temporarily to perform updates. Now, since peforming the restart after the
> > updates, my computer is stuck in a cycle of restart. It will boot up, hit the
> > vista icon screen, progress to "please wait" then "configuring updates", then
> > it will flash to the user sign in screen for half a second, and then shut
> > down and restart, and repeat the cycle. Any suggestions?

s.d.

RE: New Vista Upgrade continually restarts
Anyone else with any ideas? What is this "Vista Startup Repair" ive read some
about? Might that help me out?

"s.d." wrote:

> I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. I was running fine on the
> Vista initially, with the exception of my wireless internet connection, and
> after a few failed attempts to rectify that, I connected through LAN
> temporarily to perform updates. Now, since peforming the restart after the
> updates, my computer is stuck in a cycle of restart. It will boot up, hit the
> vista icon screen, progress to "please wait" then "configuring updates", then
> it will flash to the user sign in screen for half a second, and then shut
> down and restart, and repeat the cycle. Any suggestions?

s.d.

RE: New Vista Upgrade continually restarts
problem fixed.

I was able to boot from the vista dvd and system restore to before updates.
I re-installed updates (only critical and recommended this time), and it
worked fine. Next step will be one by one install of optional updates to see
if it was caused by one of them.

"s.d." wrote:

> I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. I was running fine on the
> Vista initially, with the exception of my wireless internet connection, and
> after a few failed attempts to rectify that, I connected through LAN
> temporarily to perform updates. Now, since peforming the restart after the
> updates, my computer is stuck in a cycle of restart. It will boot up, hit the
> vista icon screen, progress to "please wait" then "configuring updates", then
> it will flash to the user sign in screen for half a second, and then shut
> down and restart, and repeat the cycle. Any suggestions?

suseman

bjr;3326150 Wrote:
> Hit the f8 key during boot up and try last known good configuration. If
> that does not work, go to safe mode and try to restore the system back
> to a point i time before the updates
>
> s.d. wrote:
> > I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. I was running fine

> on the
> > Vista initially, with the exception of my wireless internet

> connection, and
> > after a few failed attempts to rectify that, I connected through LAN
> > temporarily to perform updates. Now, since peforming the restart

> after the
> > updates, my computer is stuck in a cycle of restart. It will boot up,

> hit the
> > vista icon screen, progress to "please wait" then "configuring

> updates", then
> > it will flash to the user sign in screen for half a second, and then

> shut
> > down and restart, and repeat the cycle. Any suggestions?

Exactly the same problem I am having with mine(first try keyboard that
came with pc when you bought it, 'F2', 'F12', and 'delete' options on
acer startup, once each time on each cold start of pc, with no
peripheral devices exept ps2 connection of keyboard, may get blank black
screen.). I spoke to Acer Techie, going in for repair.
Have to delete all files, but run undelete program after you get back
pc from techie, and find files that you want restored(assuming you are
using same HDD).
hope this helps

--
suseman