Vista Restore overwrote a secondary hard drive!!!

SoxFanInVA

Vista Restore overwrote a secondary hard drive!!!
I had my primary drive fail and had Dell send a replacement drive. Back in
August I did a Windows Complete Backup shortly after installing all my apps
and tweaking my system settings to an external backup drive. Yesterday, I
re-installed Vista on the new drive and then booted with the Vista CD to get
to the recovery options. I chose "Windows Complete PC Restore". I was not
prompted for a source or destination drive. The recovery process
automatically found the complete backup files and began restoring. What it
did NOT tell me was what drive it was restoring to. I was under the
impression it would overwrite the C drive where I did a fresh install of
Vista, that was not the case. It overwrote a 3rd internal hard drive where
I had had 300gigs of files dumped from my dvr!

Why/How did this happen? The restore process gave me no indication it was
overwriting a drive other than the primary c drive! This is maddening!

So anyway, I installed R-Studio to see if I could restore any of the
overwritten data however it crashes when I try to access those files. Are
there any other good file recovery programs I should try or any other tips
to address both problems (restoring the backup to the correct drive and
restoring the overwritten data.)

Thanks,
Tom

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Restore overwrote a secondary hard drive!!!
Undelete Plus+, Restoration, Pci-filerecovery(P.C. Inspector).