Posting reply I have missing window flashing in Vista

ritzput

Posting reply I have missing window flashing in Vista
I am using Vista home edition and when posting replies on either
microsoft or windows discussion groups.....after i post my reply and window
thanks me for my reply and confirms my email, when i hit continue the next
window flashes briefly and then closes so i don't have time to check, send
copy to my email???
Malke

Re: Posting reply I have missing window flashing in Vista
ritzput wrote:
> I am using Vista home edition and when posting replies on either
> microsoft or windows discussion groups.....after i post my reply and window
> thanks me for my reply and confirms my email, when i hit continue the next
> window flashes briefly and then closes so i don't have time to check, send
> copy to my email???

You are having difficulties because you are using the dreadful web
interface to these groups. The solution is to set up a newsreader, which
is very easy to do. See below:

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you
already have it. Here are some links to information about newsgroups:

About Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief
explanation of newsgroups

Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help
on Usenet

microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting
Replying/quoting properly when using GoogleGroups -

Other Newsreaders for Windows:
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php - for Forte
http://www.mozilla.org - Thunderbird
http://gravity.tbates.org/
http://www.40tude.com/dialog/
http://xnews.newsguy.com/

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Mick Murphy

Re: Posting reply I have missing window flashing in Vista
Hi Malke. Everyone hates the web interface!
I have no probs with it; and I go into a variety of newsgroups.

"Malke" wrote:

> ritzput wrote:
> > I am using Vista home edition and when posting replies on either
> > microsoft or windows discussion groups.....after i post my reply and window
> > thanks me for my reply and confirms my email, when i hit continue the next
> > window flashes briefly and then closes so i don't have time to check, send
> > copy to my email???

> You are having difficulties because you are using the dreadful web
> interface to these groups. The solution is to set up a newsreader, which
> is very easy to do. See below:
>
> Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
> really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
> learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
> but you can use Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you
> already have it. Here are some links to information about newsgroups:
>
> About Usenet:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
> http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief
> explanation of newsgroups
>
> Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
> http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
> http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm
>
> How to Post:
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a Question
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help
> on Usenet
>
> http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups
> microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
> working properly
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting
> Replying/quoting properly when using GoogleGroups -
> http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/
>
> Other Newsreaders for Windows:
> http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php - for Forte
> http://www.mozilla.org - Thunderbird
> http://gravity.tbates.org/
> http://www.40tude.com/dialog/
> http://xnews.newsguy.com/
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

ritzput

Re: Posting reply I have missing window flashing in Vista
not really sure what your talkin bout...difference between vista community
and newsgroups but only thing i know is when i had my old laptop with XP, i
didn't have this problem....if y'all are understanding exactly what the
problem is????
IT's AFTER i click "post", the next screen says "Thanks" and confirms your
email....it's when i hit continue that the next screen isn't there....is this
a Vista thing?

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Hi Malke. Everyone hates the web interface!
> I have no probs with it; and I go into a variety of newsgroups.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
> > ritzput wrote:
> > > I am using Vista home edition and when posting replies on either
> > > microsoft or windows discussion groups.....after i post my reply and window
> > > thanks me for my reply and confirms my email, when i hit continue the next
> > > window flashes briefly and then closes so i don't have time to check, send
> > > copy to my email???

> > You are having difficulties because you are using the dreadful web
> > interface to these groups. The solution is to set up a newsreader, which
> > is very easy to do. See below:
> >
> > Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
> > really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
> > learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
> > but you can use Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you
> > already have it. Here are some links to information about newsgroups:
> >
> > About Usenet:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
> > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
> > http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
> > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief
> > explanation of newsgroups
> >
> > Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
> > http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
> > http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
> > http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm
> >
> > How to Post:
> > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a Question
> > http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help
> > on Usenet
> >
> > http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups
> > microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
> > working properly
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
> > http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting
> > Replying/quoting properly when using GoogleGroups -
> > http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/
> >
> > Other Newsreaders for Windows:
> > http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php - for Forte
> > http://www.mozilla.org - Thunderbird
> > http://gravity.tbates.org/
> > http://www.40tude.com/dialog/
> > http://xnews.newsguy.com/
> >

> > Malke
> > --
> > Elephant Boy Computers
> > www.elephantboycomputers.com
> > "Don't Panic!"
> > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

ritzput

Re: Posting reply I have missing window flashing in Vista
it's the page that flashes "YOU'RE DONE!" that flips by.