Anytime Upgrade Reinstallation

Another Brian

Anytime Upgrade Reinstallation
I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista to Ultimate via Anytime Upgrade.
But first I have a question. If (when) I need to reinstall everything,
must I reinstall my current Vista and then rerun the Ultimate upgrade
using the key that I assume that I'll get when I go through Anytime,
Or can I directly install Vista Ultimate? Also the Anytime page offers
a Windows Anytime Upgrade Disk. Do I really need it? I have the retail
Vista DVD now.

Thank you
Brian

Rick Rogers

Re: Anytime Upgrade Reinstallation
Hi Brian,

What is it you need in Ultimate? It's not the most cost effective way, there
are often third party tools you can use for many functions and doing so
might be cheaper.

If I understand the process correctly, if you start clean you will need to
reinstall your original version, then upgrade. As Ultimate provides for
making a complete image backup, should you go this route I would suggest
that it be one of the first things you do. Then if things go horribly awry
with your system, you can simply go back to the already upgraded image.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Another Brian" <notbrian@somewhere.nocom> wrote in message
> I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista to Ultimate via Anytime Upgrade. But
> first I have a question. If (when) I need to reinstall everything, must I
> reinstall my current Vista and then rerun the Ultimate upgrade using the
> key that I assume that I'll get when I go through Anytime, Or can I
> directly install Vista Ultimate? Also the Anytime page offers a Windows
> Anytime Upgrade Disk. Do I really need it? I have the retail Vista DVD
> now.
>
> Thank you
> Brian

Another Brian

Re: Anytime Upgrade Reinstallation
My need? I subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack for Microsoft
Registered Members. I can upgrade from Vista Business to Ultimate for
$139 US and the license is owned by me instead of having to uninstall
Business if and when I unsubscribe from the Action Pack.

I need the ability to work on a domain which ask I understand the
editions requires at least Business, which costs $199. $139 (or I see
it for $132 on Amazon) is cheaper than $199.

Brian