I have lost Office

steve rogers

I have lost Office
I had to re-install a clean copy of Vista because of the many compatibility
issues on my machine and the immature drivers. When I had installed the clean
copy, I had lost all my programme files for Microsoft Office 2007. Is there
any way of downloading them from somewhere? I only ever used Office document
and Excel. I would be grateful if someone could help.

Thank you.
Richard Hay

Re: I have lost Office
Steve,

You will need to reinstall Office 2007 from your original installation
media. Any files you had saved if they are not backed up then you have
likely lost them.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

--
Richard Hay
http://WindowsObserver.com

"steve rogers" <steve rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news09F88A3-72A5-4B71-B173-7735FF358E9E@microsoft.com...
>I had to re-install a clean copy of Vista because of the many compatibility
> issues on my machine and the immature drivers. When I had installed the
> clean
> copy, I had lost all my programme files for Microsoft Office 2007. Is
> there
> any way of downloading them from somewhere? I only ever used Office
> document
> and Excel. I would be grateful if someone could help.
>
> Thank you.

Peter Foldes

Re: I have lost Office
No you are not able to download Office 2007 or any of it's suites . What you can do is to download the Office 2007 60 day Trial version

--
Peter

"steve rogers" <steve rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news09F88A3-72A5-4B71-B173-7735FF358E9E@microsoft.com...
>I had to re-install a clean copy of Vista because of the many compatibility
> issues on my machine and the immature drivers. When I had installed the clean
> copy, I had lost all my programme files for Microsoft Office 2007. Is there
> any way of downloading them from somewhere? I only ever used Office document
> and Excel. I would be grateful if someone could help.
>
> Thank you.

DevilsPGD

Re: I have lost Office
In message <OotQjUyKIHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> "Peter Foldes"
<okf22@hotmail.com> wrote:

>No you are not able to download Office 2007 or any of it's suites . What you can do is to download the Office 2007 60 day Trial version

Can you switch from trial to full mode with a key change, or do you need
the installation disc?

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Mick Murphy

Re: I have lost Office
A bit of advice; always have any and all installation disks.

If your computer crashes, and you have to reinstall Office as well as the
OS, you need the Office installion disk.

"DevilsPGD" wrote:

> In message <OotQjUyKIHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> "Peter Foldes"
> <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >No you are not able to download Office 2007 or any of it's suites . What you can do is to download the Office 2007 60 day Trial version

> Can you switch from trial to full mode with a key change, or do you need
> the installation disc?
>
> --
> You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.

David B.

Re: I have lost Office
How did you install Office in the first place? Use the same method.

--

----

"steve rogers" <steve rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news09F88A3-72A5-4B71-B173-7735FF358E9E@microsoft.com...
>I had to re-install a clean copy of Vista because of the many compatibility
> issues on my machine and the immature drivers. When I had installed the
> clean
> copy, I had lost all my programme files for Microsoft Office 2007. Is
> there
> any way of downloading them from somewhere? I only ever used Office
> document
> and Excel. I would be grateful if someone could help.
>
> Thank you.

Mick Murphy

Re: I have lost Office
A lot of OEM manufacturers, dell, HP, etc, include a trial version of Office
on their new comps.

"David B." wrote:

> How did you install Office in the first place? Use the same method.
>
> --
>
> ----
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>

> "steve rogers" <steve rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news09F88A3-72A5-4B71-B173-7735FF358E9E@microsoft.com...
> >I had to re-install a clean copy of Vista because of the many compatibility
> > issues on my machine and the immature drivers. When I had installed the
> > clean
> > copy, I had lost all my programme files for Microsoft Office 2007. Is
> > there
> > any way of downloading them from somewhere? I only ever used Office
> > document
> > and Excel. I would be grateful if someone could help.
> >
> > Thank you.

David B.

Re: I have lost Office
Yes they do, but I need to hear from the OP where it came from, you telling
me computers come with a demo version doesn't give me the info I need.

--

----

news7B6608E-B65B-49B8-A3B6-135999337CD3@microsoft.com...
>A lot of OEM manufacturers, dell, HP, etc, include a trial version of
>Office
> on their new comps.
>
> "David B." wrote:
>
>> How did you install Office in the first place? Use the same method.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>>

>> "steve rogers" <steve rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news09F88A3-72A5-4B71-B173-7735FF358E9E@microsoft.com...
>> >I had to re-install a clean copy of Vista because of the many
>> >compatibility
>> > issues on my machine and the immature drivers. When I had installed the
>> > clean
>> > copy, I had lost all my programme files for Microsoft Office 2007. Is
>> > there
>> > any way of downloading them from somewhere? I only ever used Office
>> > document
>> > and Excel. I would be grateful if someone could help.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

DevilsPGD

Re: I have lost Office
In message <0B5828DF-CD0D-4AD5-BB01-EBEF16A64C8F@microsoft.com> Mick
Murphy <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A bit of advice; always have any and all installation disks.

In an ideal world, yes. Myself, I have ISO images of all CD/DVDs that I
use, as well as the original discs stored and cataloged. I've learnt
the hard way.

However, for situations where you don't have that luxury, it's nice to
understand your options.
JerryM

Re: I have lost Office
As another option, Steve,

There is still the free version of Office from Open Office Org.
It has been around forever and works with Vista.

Jerry