How to block or killfile ?

JKGlassman

How to block or killfile ?
How to block or killfile an annoying spammer in Windows Mail and cleanup the
old ones? Tried the message, create rule.... and also the junk mail
settings, but they don't seem to clean up the downloaded messages like OE
did? Thanks!

Mr. Arnold

Re: How to block or killfile ?

"JKGlassman" <jsinrod@optonline.net> wrote in message
> How to block or killfile an annoying spammer in Windows Mail and cleanup
> the old ones? Tried the message, create rule.... and also the junk mail
> settings, but they don't seem to clean up the downloaded messages like OE
> did? Thanks!

You go to Tools, Message Rules, Mail/News, create the rule such a From where
you can use part of the name and set to Delete. Once you have the rule
created, you can use the Apply Now, select the folder or NG to apply the
rule to, and apply the rule. They are out of sight from the that point.

I have used kill ile rules heavily in the General NG as there is a lot of
trash blowing around in this particular NG.

Re: How to block or killfile ?

"JKGlassman" <jsinrod@optonline.net> wrote in message
> How to block or killfile an annoying spammer in Windows Mail and cleanup
> the old ones? Tried the message, create rule.... and also the junk mail
> settings, but they don't seem to clean up the downloaded messages like OE
> did? Thanks!

After you've created a rule, click on Tools, then Message Rules, then Mail.
Go down to the bottom of the list, and click on each rule until you find the
new one. Click on Apply Now, and then click on the same rule again.
Click on Apply Now, and then Close, and then OK.

It's slower than I like, but it works.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: How to block or killfile ?
Select a message from the person > click on Message, create Rule From
Message, then Delete it, and then OK.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"JKGlassman" <jsinrod@optonline.net> wrote in message
> How to block or killfile an annoying spammer in Windows Mail and cleanup
> the old ones? Tried the message, create rule.... and also the junk mail
> settings, but they don't seem to clean up the downloaded messages like OE
> did? Thanks!

JKGlassman

Re: How to block or killfile ?

<robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message

> "JKGlassman" <jsinrod@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> How to block or killfile an annoying spammer in Windows Mail and cleanup
>> the old ones? Tried the message, create rule.... and also the junk mail
>> settings, but they don't seem to clean up the downloaded messages like OE
>> did? Thanks!
>>

> After you've created a rule, click on Tools, then Message Rules, then
> Mail.
> Go down to the bottom of the list, and click on each rule until you find
> the
> new one. Click on Apply Now, and then click on the same rule again.
> Click on Apply Now, and then Close, and then OK.

Hey thanks a million.... you were the only one that included that last
step in your instructions! Without it, it doesn't do anything but create the
rule.

--
JK Sinrod
http://www.sinrodstudios.com