Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Unable to Find a Core Driver Package....

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
Digit0
 

Posts: n/a
Unable to Find a Core Driver Package....
Use Windows Vista Ultimate and am trying to re-install an HP Officejet 5610
All-in-One printer, which stopped working following a recent Windows
Automatic Update.

Windows finds the printer and attempts to install driver software
automatically, but returns the message: 'Windows found software for your
device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Unable to
find a core driver package that is required by the printer device package'.

I've been through the usual plugging/unplugging USB cables, installing the
driver directly from the HP website, but the failure persists.

Anyone any ideas? Is it a registry fault? Any help would be awesome.

Digit

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
Charlie42
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to Find a Core Driver Package....
"Digit0" <available@onrequest> wrote:

> Use Windows Vista Ultimate and am trying to re-install an HP Officejet
> 5610 All-in-One printer, which stopped working following a recent Windows
> Automatic Update.
>
> Windows finds the printer and attempts to install driver software
> automatically, but returns the message: 'Windows found software for your
> device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Unable to
> find a core driver package that is required by the printer device
> package'.
>
> I've been through the usual plugging/unplugging USB cables, installing the
> driver directly from the HP website, but the failure persists.
>
> Anyone any ideas? Is it a registry fault? Any help would be awesome.


Download the drivers from HP, and install them manually:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers

Charlie42

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
Digit0
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to Find a Core Driver Package....
I've done it. The problem is not the driver, but the core driver package
that the printer driver requires - which is why I wonder if the fault is in
the registry.

Digit0

"Charlie42" <Charlie42@spam.me.not> wrote in message
news:2FD42500-80A5-4EF3-BF80-54D06F1E4820@microsoft.com...
> Download the drivers from HP, and install them manually:
>
> http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers
>
> Charlie42


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
AJR
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to Find a Core Driver Package....
Digit0 - do not get hung up on semantics - the drivers available via HP are
"core package" drivers. There has been a problem with
installing/reinstalling HP three-in-one units.

Uusual procedure requires uninstalling first, however even though
indications are that uninstallation was successful - residue is left
behind - which "prevents" installation /reinstallation.

HP is aware of the problem and provides an uninstall utility - unfortunately
it takes "fishing" around the HP site to locate it.



"Digit0" <available@onrequest> wrote in message
news:OHBIsOhKIHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Use Windows Vista Ultimate and am trying to re-install an HP Officejet
> 5610 All-in-One printer, which stopped working following a recent Windows
> Automatic Update.
>
> Windows finds the printer and attempts to install driver software
> automatically, but returns the message: 'Windows found software for your
> device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Unable to
> find a core driver package that is required by the printer device
> package'.
>
> I've been through the usual plugging/unplugging USB cables, installing the
> driver directly from the HP website, but the failure persists.
>
> Anyone any ideas? Is it a registry fault? Any help would be awesome.
>
> Digit



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2007
Digit0
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to Find a Core Driver Package....

"AJR" <ajrjdr@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:uD8tXSjKIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Digit0 - do not get hung up on semantics - the drivers available via HP
> are "core package" drivers. There has been a problem with
> installing/reinstalling HP three-in-one units.
>
> Uusual procedure requires uninstalling first, however even though
> indications are that uninstallation was successful - residue is left
> behind - which "prevents" installation /reinstallation.
>
> HP is aware of the problem and provides an uninstall utility -
> unfortunately it takes "fishing" around the HP site to locate it.


Hmm. Thanks for this. I'm back on the case. I vaguely remember something
called - I think - a 'level 3 uninstall' on the HP site. Maybe this is
what you are referring to. HP could make life easier if their searches
produced intelligent results. I got 163 returns for 'uninstall core
driver', many of which relate to the Mac.

Digit0

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008
Ken
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Unable to Find a Core Driver Package....
Not sure if this will help you or not but.... Uninstall all of the HP
drivers, disconnect the printer from the USB port. Download the Drivers from
HP. They do have a vista set of drivers, Install the drivers manual, but do
not connect the printer until requested by HP's install. Although I cannot
print multiple pages with the driver, everything else that I have used seems
to function.

"Digit0" wrote:

> Use Windows Vista Ultimate and am trying to re-install an HP Officejet 5610
> All-in-One printer, which stopped working following a recent Windows
> Automatic Update.
>
> Windows finds the printer and attempts to install driver software
> automatically, but returns the message: 'Windows found software for your
> device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Unable to
> find a core driver package that is required by the printer device package'.
>
> I've been through the usual plugging/unplugging USB cables, installing the
> driver directly from the HP website, but the failure persists.
>
> Anyone any ideas? Is it a registry fault? Any help would be awesome.
>
> Digit
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to Find a Core Driver Package.... Digit0 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 02-06-2008 18:00
Unable to find core driver Mark microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 16 11-07-2007 01:49
Article ID: 932403 After you use Package Manager to add a driver to an offline Windows Vista image, the driver may not be added to the driver store folder KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Unable to find scanner driver Perplexed microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 07-20-2007 17:28
HP OfficeJet 5610 and Photosmart 385 - unable to find a core drive Zabetprof microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 05-29-2007 16:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:56.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120