Cannot reinstall Vista

Bernard

Cannot reinstall Vista
Due to several problems with Vista I wanted to "repare" it.
But could not find the way to do it ! The options brings only to a full
setup. There is no option for just a repare !
I have Wista Home Premium update edition on a RAID system.
During the setup strating I got a warning message indicating the the Raid
Driver was not compatible with Vista which seems curious since it already
works on it !
So I went through a new setup but after the second boot the setup stoped at
64% of the last step during hours.
I had to reboot my system and stay with my broken leg system.
How can I solve the problem ?

Thanks
Rick Rogers

Re: Cannot reinstall Vista
Hi,

You need to supply an appropriate RAID driver at setup, either via floppy,
thimb drive, or CD. Once added, then proceed with setup.

Vista, by the way, does not offer a repair installation like XP's as it
doesn't install in the same fashion. A Vista install lays down an image, it
doesn't just overwrite files with newer versions. An existing installation
on the system would be moved to a windows.old folder where you can later
recover data, just don't format as part of setup. Programs will need to be
reinstalled from their original installation media.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bernard" <Bernard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Due to several problems with Vista I wanted to "repare" it.
> But could not find the way to do it ! The options brings only to a full
> setup. There is no option for just a repare !
> I have Wista Home Premium update edition on a RAID system.
> During the setup strating I got a warning message indicating the the Raid
> Driver was not compatible with Vista which seems curious since it already
> works on it !
> So I went through a new setup but after the second boot the setup stoped
> at
> 64% of the last step during hours.
> I had to reboot my system and stay with my broken leg system.
> How can I solve the problem ?
>
> Thanks

karthik

Wista & xp

hi
I already using windows wista.Right now i want to use dual
operating system.So i need to install windows XP.How to do that.please send
me the steps of multi boot.

Thanks and regards,

Bruce Chambers

Re: Wista & xp
karthik wrote:
> hi
> I already using windows wista.Right now i want to use dual
> operating system.So i need to install windows XP.How to do that.please send
> me the steps of multi boot.
>
> Thanks and regards,

The older OS must be installed first unless you wish to acquire and
use some 3rd-party partition and boot management utility 3rd-party
products. Having an OEM installation of Vista further complicates
matters, as you probably did not receive a real Vista installation DVD
with the system.

However, dual-booting is no longer necessary in most situations.

Why not download a Virtual Machine application, such as Microsoft's
VirtualPC 2007 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?) or
Innotek's VirtualBox (http://www.virtualbox.org/) and run Win2K and your
legacy applications within a virtual computer. Both are free and work
with Vista. (Microsoft does not support the use of VirtualPC 2007 on
Vista Home editions, but several people have reported that it works just
fine.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: