installation error code 2753, please help

Steven Wabik

installation error code 2753, please help
i keep getting error code 2753 when trying to install HP wireless assistant.
why does this error happen? and how do i fix it? please help! i need to get
HP wireless assistant working on my notebook.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: installation error code 2753, please help
Chat with HP Support:
http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/cu...&cc=us&lang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Steven Wabik" wrote:

i keep getting error code 2753 when trying to install HP wireless assistant.
why does this error happen? and how do i fix it? please help! i need to get
HP wireless assistant working on my notebook.

HeyBub

Steven Wabik wrote:
> i keep getting error code 2753 when trying to install HP wireless
> assistant. why does this error happen? and how do i fix it? please
> help! i need to get HP wireless assistant working on my notebook.

Google "HP 2753" yields some 450,000 responses. A solution might be in
there...

Steven Wabik

Re: installation error code 2753, please help
i tried that but they are being no help at all right now. they are not even
telling me what the issue is or anything. this is why i come here......
> Chat with HP Support:
> http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/cu...&cc=us&lang=en
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Steven Wabik" wrote:
>
> i keep getting error code 2753 when trying to install HP wireless
> assistant.
> why does this error happen? and how do i fix it? please help! i need to
> get
> HP wireless assistant working on my notebook.

The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy'

Steven Wabik wrote:
> i tried that but they are being no help at all right now. they are not
> even telling me what the issue is or anything. this is why i come
> here......
>> Chat with HP Support:
>> http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/cu...&cc=us&lang=en
>>

>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User

>> "Steven Wabik" wrote:
>>
>> i keep getting error code 2753 when trying to install HP wireless
>> assistant.
>> why does this error happen? and how do i fix it? please help! i need
>> to get
>> HP wireless assistant working on my notebook.

Hi Steve.

Carey is a moronic microshill, so you don't need to pay any attention to
him. Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but better to get them
out of the way since you didn't include this info in your post.

- Did you download the HP wireless assistant compatible for your OS? If
you are running Vista Business (32bit) on a tc4400 like you mentioned in
an earlier post, then this should be the one you download (careful of
link wrapping):
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...scription.jsp?
lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=18479 62&prodNameId=1849071&
swEnvOID=2096&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-45933-1

- Is the HP wireless assistant something you need on the machine in
order to get wireless working on the machine?

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group -
Submit your nomination at the link below:

View nominations already submitted:
http://htmlgear.tripod.com/guest/con...dom&i=1&a=view

"Fair use is not merely a nice concept--it is a federal law based on
free speech rights under the First Amendment and is a cornerstone of the
creativity and innovation that is a hallmark of this country. Consumer
rights in the digital age are not frivolous."
- Maura Corbett
Steven Wabik

Re: installation error code 2753, please help
it was no help in fixing the issue, but it was help in figuring out what was
causing the issue. i just reinstalled vista. reinstalling vista and the
applications i had on it only took an hour or less, a lot less than it takes
to reinstall XP. vista has a more friendly installation process and it goes
a lot faster, plus the OS has a lot less updates to install. besides i'm
only using it for developemental purposes and for fun and stuff, not as the
main OS. i'm running a duall boot and XP is the main OS.

i just reinstalled it because i had other issues as well. besides i do not
really care i have nothing to loose from reinstalling vista, but 45 minutes
or so. then i have an application or two to restore all my applications and
data automaticly, the program just needs user input so it knows what media
is being inserted and when.

thanks for the help. i just hope SP1 will fix this issue...