Vista Dvd?

travis30384

Vista Dvd?
When I got my laptop with vista premium installed, i did not receive a vista
dvd. Is there any way I can enter some information or numbers and get one for
my computer in case it crashes or something?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista Dvd?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-gb

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"travis30384" wrote:

When I got my laptop with vista premium installed, i did not receive a vista
dvd. Is there any way I can enter some information or numbers and get one for
my computer in case it crashes or something?
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Vista Dvd?
Contact the laptop manufacturer. They will be able to supply you with
recovery media for your make/model..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"travis30384" <travis30384@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsCE88D0F-BB1A-4E73-8F6B-3810016D75CA@microsoft.com...
> When I got my laptop with vista premium installed, i did not receive a
> vista
> dvd. Is there any way I can enter some information or numbers and get one
> for
> my computer in case it crashes or something?

Richard Hay

Re: Vista Dvd?
Travis,

You may also have a menu entry on your laptop that will start a program that
will create recovery CD/DVD's for you so that you can restore the system in
case of a crash.

Very rarely do you get a separate installation DVD just for Windows anymore.

--
Richard Hay
http://WindowsObserver.com

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
> Contact the laptop manufacturer. They will be able to supply you with
> recovery media for your make/model..
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "travis30384" <travis30384@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCE88D0F-BB1A-4E73-8F6B-3810016D75CA@microsoft.com...
>> When I got my laptop with vista premium installed, i did not receive a
>> vista
>> dvd. Is there any way I can enter some information or numbers and get one
>> for
>> my computer in case it crashes or something?

AJR

Re: Vista Dvd?
Traavis - usually (HP at least) laptops come with a restore partition -
indicated by something like "Hit F11 to restore...." at boot. In addition a
utility to copy the restore partition to removeable media (CD/DVD) is
provided - the copy utility also provides for removing the restore
partition.

Although the restore partition may be deleted via Windows Explorer, doing so
does not remove the MBR (Master Boot Record) modification which provides the
"HitF111...".