Upgrading from Vista Business to Ultimate

Mike Smartt

Upgrading from Vista Business to Ultimate
My machine - a quad-core Dell XPS with 4 gigs of memory and several internal
and external hard discs - has Vista Business installed. It came with XP and I
installed Vista Business (as a clean install eventually after several upgrade
failures). Now I have a full version of Ultimate, which I wish to upgrade to.
This is not the same as a purchased upgrade - I have the full version on DVD.
When I put the DVD in my machine, it tells me I do not have enough space on
my hard disc for the temporary files - 392 megabytes - which is nonsence as
they are 115 gigs free on mt C dirve alone. Has anyone else had this problem?
I can get no further as the program then closes. And is there any easy way to
upgrade from Business to Ultimate using the full Ultimate DVD [surely there
must be].
--
Mike Smartt
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Upgrading from Vista Business to Ultimate
Do you have a retail or OEM version of Vista Ultimate?
If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed as
a "clean install".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mike Smartt" <mikesmartt@gmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:8F91EF6B-1843-40DF-B2AD-1989F407F09C@microsoft.com...
[...]

It's the retail version - it's in one of those fancy plastic cases containing
32 and 64 bit versions. I suspect that when I can sort out the "lack of
memory" problem (see earlier message) it should allow me to upgrade without
losing any of my data/settings because, if not, that would be ludicrous. Why
I am getting the lack of memory screen I have no idea.
--
Mike Smartt