Vista Ultimate 64 crash during installation

Tranzic

Vista Ultimate 64 crash during installation
Greetings.

Im running a P5N32-E SLI motherboard with 4GB of RAM.
Im using a Samsung 500G SATAII NCQ (HD501LJ) harddrive and I seem to
experience a tad unusual behaviour.

Currently I run Windows XP Pro 32Bit (english) on the C:\ drive and it works
as I can see pretty much flawlessly.

However, I want to install Windows Ultimate Vista on another partition (its
already divided) to use the new Windows boot menu and such. However after
the installation (it appears to run just fine) I get a blue screen and the
system
refuses to boot. This happends almost immediately as the "bar" on vista
screen start to move. I've read in several other posts that it might be
related to missing 64Bit SATA/SATAII drivers, as well as chipset but I find
it extremly bizzare that the whole installation works fine (files are copied
and
lands on the harddrive) yet the system can't seem to boot up. I tried
downloading
the drivers from both Asus and Nvidia and if I try to load them before the
installation I get a immediately bluescreen error with error code 0000...7E

Other tidbits about the system. I use an SB Audigi 2 sound card and 2
Gforce 8800 ultra graphic cards (SLI'd) and even though they might be a bit
"exotic" in nature, I'd atleast hope the system to boot up properly.

I'd appriciate any help on the matter
Thank you.
Dominic Payer

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 crash during installation
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777

Remove 2GB of the RAM, install Vista, apply Windows Updates (which will
include the hotfix), then install the extra 2GB RAM and all will be well.

"Tranzic" <Tranzic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings.
>
> Im running a P5N32-E SLI motherboard with 4GB of RAM.
> Im using a Samsung 500G SATAII NCQ (HD501LJ) harddrive and I seem to
> experience a tad unusual behaviour.
>
> Currently I run Windows XP Pro 32Bit (english) on the C:\ drive and it
> works
> as I can see pretty much flawlessly.
>
> However, I want to install Windows Ultimate Vista on another partition
> (its
> already divided) to use the new Windows boot menu and such. However after
> the installation (it appears to run just fine) I get a blue screen and the
> system
> refuses to boot. This happends almost immediately as the "bar" on vista
> screen start to move. I've read in several other posts that it might be
> related to missing 64Bit SATA/SATAII drivers, as well as chipset but I
> find
> it extremly bizzare that the whole installation works fine (files are
> copied
> and
> lands on the harddrive) yet the system can't seem to boot up. I tried
> downloading
> the drivers from both Asus and Nvidia and if I try to load them before the
> installation I get a immediately bluescreen error with error code
> 0000...7E
>
> Other tidbits about the system. I use an SB Audigi 2 sound card and 2
> Gforce 8800 ultra graphic cards (SLI'd) and even though they might be a
> bit
> "exotic" in nature, I'd atleast hope the system to boot up properly.
>
> I'd appriciate any help on the matter
> Thank you.

Tranzic

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 crash during installation
I'd like to thank you for saving me a lot of problems.
It seems to do the trick for sure.

Thank you.

//Tranzic