Big Problems with Vista and a fake disc sold on Ebay

yar

Big Problems with Vista and a fake disc sold on Ebay
Hi

I brought a disc on eBay, vista ultimate I used the disc then found out it
was a fake disc so no product key.

I have informed MS with all the details of the seller etc and eBay.

I now have the problem that my Vista does not have a correct key, I have
tried to reinstall my Vista business but it will only perform a clean
install losing all my programs settings etc it will not downgrade to
business.

Can anybody help me so I do not lose everything.

Thank you

f/fgeorge

Re: Big Problems with Vista and a fake disc sold on Ebay
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:22:15 -0000, "yar" <newspost@btconnect.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I brought a disc on eBay, vista ultimate I used the disc then found out it
>was a fake disc so no product key.
>
>I have informed MS with all the details of the seller etc and eBay.
>
>I now have the problem that my Vista does not have a correct key, I have
>tried to reinstall my Vista business but it will only perform a clean
>install losing all my programs settings etc it will not downgrade to
>business.
>
>Can anybody help me so I do not lose everything.
>
>Thank you

Go to the store and buy a REAL copy of the version you want, then call
MS, actually you will talk to someone in India, and they will help you
change the number to your REAL one.
yar

Re: Big Problems with Vista and a fake disc sold on Ebay
I have a real version but it is business, I want to roll back to that if I
can.

"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:22:15 -0000, "yar" <newspost@btconnect.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I brought a disc on eBay, vista ultimate I used the disc then found out
>>it
>>was a fake disc so no product key.
>>
>>I have informed MS with all the details of the seller etc and eBay.
>>
>>I now have the problem that my Vista does not have a correct key, I have
>>tried to reinstall my Vista business but it will only perform a clean
>>install losing all my programs settings etc it will not downgrade to
>>business.
>>
>>Can anybody help me so I do not lose everything.
>>
>>Thank you
>>

> Go to the store and buy a REAL copy of the version you want, then call
> MS, actually you will talk to someone in India, and they will help you
> change the number to your REAL one.

Malke

yar wrote:
> I have a real version but it is business, I want to roll back to that if I
> can.

You can't "roll back". Back up your data and do a clean install.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Dustin Harper

Re: Big Problems with Vista and a fake disc sold on Ebay
You would have to do a clean install. If you had tried to install
Ultimate and then want to "downgrade" you have to do a clean install.
So, you need to backup all your files, bite the bullet and do it...

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com