I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC but get a black scree

NianHawk

I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC but get a black scree
Hello everybody out there,

I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC.
But I get a black screen on XP of Virtual PC. If I uninstall the Virtual PC
additions, the problem disappear but XP run very.... slow. My partners
didn't come across that problem in vista with the same vmc file. I was
frustrated. If you know the reason, please tell me, your help would be
greatly appreciated. Even guess are also welcome. Tks a lot.

Richard nian
--
Nothing impossible, Nothing sure
dzomlija

Re: I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC but get a black scree

NianHawk;515559 Wrote:
> Hello everybody out there,
>
> I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC.
> But I get a black screen on XP of Virtual PC. If I uninstall the
> Virtual PC
> additions, the problem disappear but XP run very.... slow. My partners
> didn't come across that problem in vista with the same vmc file. I was
> frustrated. If you know the reason, please tell me, your help would be
> greatly appreciated. Even guess are also welcome. Tks a lot.
>
> Richard nian
> --
> Nothing impossible, Nothing sure

Are you using Virtual PC 2004, 2007 32-Bit or 2007 64-Bit?

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn-...

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Atlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)
NianHawk

Re: I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC but get a black s

Hi dzomlija,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the Virtual PC 2007 6.0.156.0.

NianHawk;518324 Wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I am using the Virtual PC 2007 6.0.156.0.

It's always a pleasure.

What procedure are you following when creating a virtual machine? To
you specify that you'll be installing Windows XP? And most importantly,
do you adjust the VPC RAM to match the requirements of the guest OS?

I've just checked now by trying to create a new Virtual PC for Windows
XP, and VPC 2007 wanted to allocate only 128MB RAM! Windows XP at the
very least requires 256MB (My existing XP VPC I set to 512MB).

Make sure that your Virtual Windows XP is not running, highlight it on
the VPC Console and click settings. Click on Memory and try to increase
the amount of RAM allocated to the Virtual PC to 256 (or even better,
512). Also change the Display setting to "Only use standard screen
resolutions".

See if that helps with your black-screen problem.

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn-...

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Atlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)
NianHawk

Re: I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC but get a black s
Hello dzomlija,

That is very kind of you.

I changed the settings (RAM: 512, Display: Standard resolution).
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Actually, I am not using XP CD to
install XP in Virtual PC. I just get the vmc file and vhd file from my
colleague who is running Vista host. All team member except me that use
these 2 file didn't come across that problem. Now, I would like to use XP CD
to re-install and then see if how it would act like.

Richard nian.