Windows any time upgrade

Davecz2

Windows any time upgrade
I have a desktop computer that came with Vista Home Premium.
I wanted the upgrade to Vista Ultimate so that I could use the remote
desktop feature.
So I paid money and down loaded the File that is used with the Anytime
upgrade disk that you get with a new computer these days.
The instalation goes fine till at the very end a notice pops up and tell the
one or more of the compnents couldn't be installed. Then it rolls the
computer back to it's original state.

I've tried installing it 5 times doing different things.

Got the telephone runaround with the party I bought the upgrade from and
Microsoft. No one could give an answer. Thankfully I got my money back.

Still if I knew how this could work short of a clean install I would try it
again.
I've seen this question asked before on different web sites so it isn't a
unique thing.
Thats where ideas to try different things.

Davecz2
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Windows any time upgrade
Free Microsoft Windows Vista Installation Support:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?gprid=11734

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP