VISTA SCREENSAVER NOT WORKING.

TORI B.

VISTA SCREENSAVER NOT WORKING.
I have tried and tried to get my screensaver to work and it does not. I have
checked the power management settings and all screensaver settings and have
rebooted too many times and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem?
I discussed it with HP with no solution. Can anyone help?
Thanks, Tori.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: VISTA SCREENSAVER NOT WORKING.
If you have an MS wireless mouse, you need to download the HID - Non-User
Input Data Filter OPTIONAL update from Windows Update..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"TORI B." <TORI B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried and tried to get my screensaver to work and it does not. I
>have
> checked the power management settings and all screensaver settings and
> have
> rebooted too many times and still nothing. Has anyone else had this
> problem?
> I discussed it with HP with no solution. Can anyone help?
> Thanks, Tori.

TORI B.

Re: VISTA SCREENSAVER NOT WORKING.
Mike,
Thank you so very much for your help. I downloaded the update and it is
working beautifuly. I had been seeing that available in my Windows updates
but never knew what it was for. Now I know. You are a dear!!

Again Thank you,
Tori.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> If you have an MS wireless mouse, you need to download the HID - Non-User
> Input Data Filter OPTIONAL update from Windows Update..
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "TORI B." <TORI B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried and tried to get my screensaver to work and it does not. I
> >have
> > checked the power management settings and all screensaver settings and
> > have
> > rebooted too many times and still nothing. Has anyone else had this
> > problem?
> > I discussed it with HP with no solution. Can anyone help?
> > Thanks, Tori.

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: VISTA SCREENSAVER NOT WORKING.
Now you have it working, I will tell you that the Aurora screensaver
sometimes locks up for me.. just a white screen and the computer will do
nothing. I have yet to find out why it does this. All other screensavers are
fine..

--

> Mike,
> Thank you so very much for your help. I downloaded the update and it is
> working beautifuly. I had been seeing that available in my Windows
> updates
> but never knew what it was for. Now I know. You are a dear!!
>
> Again Thank you,
> Tori.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> If you have an MS wireless mouse, you need to download the HID - Non-User
>> Input Data Filter OPTIONAL update from Windows Update..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>> Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "TORI B." <TORI B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have tried and tried to get my screensaver to work and it does not. I
>> >have
>> > checked the power management settings and all screensaver settings and
>> > have
>> > rebooted too many times and still nothing. Has anyone else had this
>> > problem?
>> > I discussed it with HP with no solution. Can anyone help?
>> > Thanks, Tori.

emsteph

Re: VISTA SCREENSAVER NOT WORKING.

Thanks for suggestions.

Originally my screensaver worked just fine, then for no reason, it
didn't. Even the settings preview lasted only two seconds.

I found a solution that seems to work...for now anyway.

I simply added 1 minute to my "wait" time and all seems fine.

I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Hope this helps!!

--
emsteph