Windows Vista Installation

Robert

Windows Vista Installation
I have purchased the Windows Vista Ultimate OEM, I currently have a windows
XP system setup and working. I purchased another SATA 3gbs hard drive to dual
boot my system with XP and Vista. I started off with plugging in the hard
drive, which I have dual booted before. I set it all up, installed and it
went through the installation then came after the first reboot it went to the
"Completing Installation..." and stayed there for a while. In the meantime I
went to work and came back to the screen at which the green cursor bar is
drive, and tried once more, only to find this morning my mouse and a blank
screen. It seems it just hangs up after the first reboot of the system and
will not load into Vista. A response of help would be great and extremely
gracious.

Sincerely,
Concerned Customer
Robert

My setup was a:

2 Gigs ram
320 GB SATA w/ xp installed first
320 GB SATA w/ vista attempted dual boot
Intel Core 2 duo E6750 2.66Ghz
XFX 8600 GT Graphics Card
ASUS Motherboard
Only things plugged into computer at setup are USB keyboard and USB mouse.

David W Allen

Re: Windows Vista Installation
Robert wrote:
> I have purchased the Windows Vista Ultimate OEM, I currently have a windows
> XP system setup and working. I purchased another SATA 3gbs hard drive to dual
> boot my system with XP and Vista. I started off with plugging in the hard
> drive, which I have dual booted before. I set it all up, installed and it
> went through the installation then came after the first reboot it went to the
> "Completing Installation..." and stayed there for a while. In the meantime I
> went to work and came back to the screen at which the green cursor bar is
> drive, and tried once more, only to find this morning my mouse and a blank
> screen. It seems it just hangs up after the first reboot of the system and
> will not load into Vista. A response of help would be great and extremely
> gracious.
>
> Sincerely,
> Concerned Customer
> Robert
>
> My setup was a:
>
> 2 Gigs ram
> 320 GB SATA w/ xp installed first
> 320 GB SATA w/ vista attempted dual boot
> Intel Core 2 duo E6750 2.66Ghz
> XFX 8600 GT Graphics Card
> ASUS Motherboard
> Only things plugged into computer at setup are USB keyboard and USB mouse.

I surmise from your post that you wish to have XP on one drive and Vista
on the other. I cannot advise if this is the case.
I have XP and Vista on the same partitioned drive, and they have lived
side by side ever since Vista was released. To do this, use Google where
there are many articles on how to go about it.

David