Windows couldn't load WinSetup.dll

Peter Afonin

Windows couldn't load WinSetup.dll
Hello,

I'm trying to reinstall Vista Ultimate. My CD is not bootable, so I can
reinstall only using flat installation
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902).

Originally this was the way I installed Vista, but now I'm getting this
message:

Windows couldn't load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be corrupt.
To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code: 0x45a.

Do you know how to deal with this issue? Couldn't find much information
online.

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

Richard G. Harper

Re: Windows couldn't load WinSetup.dll
Why is your CD not bootable? All retail CDs and most OEM CDs are. Whatever
caused it to not be bootable is probably also the cause of your second
error - faulty disc or faulty drive comes to mind.

"Peter Afonin" <pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to reinstall Vista Ultimate. My CD is not bootable, so I can
> reinstall only using flat installation
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902).
>
> Originally this was the way I installed Vista, but now I'm getting this
> message:
>
> Windows couldn't load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be corrupt.
> To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code: 0x45a.
>
> Do you know how to deal with this issue? Couldn't find much information
> online.
>
> I would appreciate your help.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Re: Windows couldn't load WinSetup.dll
I don't know why it's not bootable. This is not a retail CD, I'd burned this
CD from an ISO image that I downloaded from MSDN site (MSDN Universal
subscription). It was supposed to be bootable, but it is not. However,
previously I copied it's content to the hard drive and performed a flat
installation just fine. Now I'm trying to do the same, and it fails.

Thanks,

Peter

> Why is your CD not bootable? All retail CDs and most OEM CDs are.
> Whatever caused it to not be bootable is probably also the cause of your
> second error - faulty disc or faulty drive comes to mind.

> "Peter Afonin" <pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to reinstall Vista Ultimate. My CD is not bootable, so I can
>> reinstall only using flat installation
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902).
>>
>> Originally this was the way I installed Vista, but now I'm getting this
>> message:
>>
>> Windows couldn't load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be
>> corrupt. To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code: 0x45a.
>>
>> Do you know how to deal with this issue? Couldn't find much information
>> online.
>>
>> I would appreciate your help.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> --
>> Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Re: Windows couldn't load WinSetup.dll
I have also noticed that the installation works very well from the Windows
XP partition, but fails from the Vista partition. So I can upgrade Windows
XP or do a new clean installation, but I cannot repair the existing Vista
partition.

Peter

> Why is your CD not bootable? All retail CDs and most OEM CDs are.
> Whatever caused it to not be bootable is probably also the cause of your
> second error - faulty disc or faulty drive comes to mind.

> "Peter Afonin" <pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to reinstall Vista Ultimate. My CD is not bootable, so I can
>> reinstall only using flat installation
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902).
>>
>> Originally this was the way I installed Vista, but now I'm getting this
>> message:
>>
>> Windows couldn't load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be
>> corrupt. To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code: 0x45a.
>>
>> Do you know how to deal with this issue? Couldn't find much information
>> online.
>>
>> I would appreciate your help.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> --
>> Peter Afonin

Wendy Riley

Re: Windows couldn't load WinSetup.dll
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm trying to load Vista and am getting
the same error code.

Wendy