New Install upgrade of Vista?

Patrick

New Install upgrade of Vista?
Hello,

I am trying to install Vista on my Mac. Here is the problem, I own Vista
Home Premium, Vista Home Premium Upgrade (from XP), XP Pro SP1 and XP
Mediacenter. All are full legit, I have all serials. But I don't have any
discs. I have not used the serials on any other computers so I have 2 uses
left for each I believe. How do I obtain original discs? I don't need new
serial numbers just a Vista/XP disc.

Thank you,

Patrick
R. C. White

Re: New Install upgrade of Vista?
Hi, Patrick.

First, I know nothing about a Mac - or about Windows on a Mac.

> I have not used the serials on any other computers so I have 2 uses
> left for each I believe.

Where did you get this idea? It has always been one license for one
computer - and now Microsoft has a way to enforce this in Vista.
Windows Vista Activation FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...vationfaq.mspx

> How do I obtain original discs?

From Microsoft:
How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs and
product upgrades, or replace product manuals

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Vista on my Mac. Here is the problem, I own Vista
> Home Premium, Vista Home Premium Upgrade (from XP), XP Pro SP1 and XP
> Mediacenter. All are full legit, I have all serials. But I don't have
> any
> discs. I have not used the serials on any other computers so I have 2 uses
> left for each I believe. How do I obtain original discs? I don't need
> new
> serial numbers just a Vista/XP disc.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick

John Barnett MVP

RE: New Install upgrade of Vista?
If you don't have the cds/dvds for 'any' of the operating systems how were
they installed onto your PC? If you originally had a PC with XP installed
and then you 'upgraded; this to Vista premium then you have lost access to XP
(you cannot re-install this because the XP product key is now invalid.) This,
basically applies to any upgrade.

You mention that you also 'own' a copy of vista home premium (obviously not
an upgrade in this case) therefore it must be either a retail copy (in which
case you would have the physical media which came in the box). Alternatively,
you have an OEM copy which you either purchased yourself or it was
pre-installed onto a PC you purchased. Again with the OEM copy they are not
always transferable to another machine.

If you had lost or broken the media and you had/have the receipts then you
could contact Microsoft customer support and ask them if they will replcae
the media, sadly you do need proof of purchase for this to happen. Failing
that try contacting the manufacturer of your PC to see if they will supply
you with disks; there is, unfortunately, usually a charge for the
manufacturer to replace the operating system media.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Patrick" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Vista on my Mac. Here is the problem, I own Vista
> Home Premium, Vista Home Premium Upgrade (from XP), XP Pro SP1 and XP
> Mediacenter. All are full legit, I have all serials. But I don't have any
> discs. I have not used the serials on any other computers so I have 2 uses
> left for each I believe. How do I obtain original discs? I don't need new
> serial numbers just a Vista/XP disc.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick

Mike Brannigan

Re: New Install upgrade of Vista?
"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Vista on my Mac. Here is the problem, I own Vista
> Home Premium, Vista Home Premium Upgrade (from XP), XP Pro SP1 and XP
> Mediacenter. All are full legit, I have all serials. But I don't have
> any
> discs. I have not used the serials on any other computers so I have 2 uses
> left for each I believe. How do I obtain original discs? I don't need
> new
> serial numbers just a Vista/XP disc.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick

If these are all fully legitimate how have you not got any media for them?
Are they retail or OEM products.
If retail and you can provide proof of purchase etc then you can try
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

--

Mike Brannigan

Mick Murphy

RE: New Install upgrade of Vista?
Do you take us for fools, do you?

"Patrick" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Vista on my Mac. Here is the problem, I own Vista
> Home Premium, Vista Home Premium Upgrade (from XP), XP Pro SP1 and XP
> Mediacenter. All are full legit, I have all serials. But I don't have any
> discs. I have not used the serials on any other computers so I have 2 uses
> left for each I believe. How do I obtain original discs? I don't need new
> serial numbers just a Vista/XP disc.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick

Bruce Chambers