.EXE.manifest

ms curly

.EXE.manifest
I'm trying to open this kind of file but I can't. I've tried looking on the
Web but it keeps coming up with free registry scans etc which I know if I
should trust or use. What should I do?
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: .EXE.manifest
Ms Curly

the .manifest file is an XML document that defines the functionality of
programs when running on Vista. There is nothing in this file that a user
would want to change since it is built by the developer of the program that
it is bound to.

If you want to take a look at the contents of the file, for some reason, you
can download the free XML Notepad 2007 from Microsoft.

Download details: XML Notepad 2007:

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"ms curly" <mscurly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to open this kind of file but I can't. I've tried looking on
> the
> Web but it keeps coming up with free registry scans etc which I know if I
> should trust or use. What should I do?

ms curly

Re: .EXE.manifest
Thanks. I was in fact hoping to find the copier.exe file which I was supposed
to find in this folder as I am having problems getting the Copy Utility
working with Vista and the Smart Panel upgrade. I'm in communication with
software support who told me to find and run this application but I can't
find it despite downloading and installing the Smart Panel upgrade and the
Copy Utility 3.27 and 3.33. Is this anything you can help me with?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Ms Curly
>
> the .manifest file is an XML document that defines the functionality of
> programs when running on Vista. There is nothing in this file that a user
> would want to change since it is built by the developer of the program that
> it is bound to.
>
> If you want to take a look at the contents of the file, for some reason, you
> can download the free XML Notepad 2007 from Microsoft.
>
> Download details: XML Notepad 2007:

> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "ms curly" <mscurly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to open this kind of file but I can't. I've tried looking on
> > the
> > Web but it keeps coming up with free registry scans etc which I know if I
> > should trust or use. What should I do?

dzomlija

Re: .EXE.manifest

Choogster;503530 Wrote:
> apparently manifest files are developer files - if you don't know what
> they do, then just delete them - otherwise, check out this developer
> forum which may help:
>
> 'Manifest files for Vista - MSDN Forums'
> (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...63884&SiteID=1)

Typical Choogster advice.

You DON'T want to delete the .manifest files, as they are needed by
their associated applications for compatibility/functionality/appearance
purposes.

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn...

- ASUS A8N32-SLi-Deluxe
- AMD Atlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007