New Computer, Won't Boot Up Vista Ultimate

Mike

New Computer, Won't Boot Up Vista Ultimate
Hi--

I just bought a new computer, a PowerSpec E355 ( Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
E6600) with Windows Vista Ultimate. This was a returned item and there were
no instructions and no disc for Vista Ultimate (should there be one?). My
problem is that the computer won't boot up. When you turn it on there is a
long period with a black screen and a flashing cursor. Then you get the error
message:"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click 'ok' to
restart the computer and then and the restart the installation." Multiple
efforts rendered the same result. I then tried to start the computer in safe
mode and many lines of program proceeded to install but after this line:
"system32\drivers\crcdiscsys" I got a new error message, "Windows cannot
complete installation in safe mode..." What should I do? (other than
returning the computer?). And again, should there be an DVD for the
installation? It doesn't ask for one).
Kerry Brown

Re: New Computer, Won't Boot Up Vista Ultimate
Most OEM computers don't come with a Windows DVD. They have a factory
restore procedure. It sounds like the computer was previously returned
because it was defective and then was not fixed before it was resold. I'd
return it. That error can be indicative of a bad hard drive, bad RAM, bad
motherboard, or bas PSU. It may not be but I wouldn't want a new computer
that started out with an error like that.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

> Hi--
>
> I just bought a new computer, a PowerSpec E355 ( Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor
> E6600) with Windows Vista Ultimate. This was a returned item and there
> were
> no instructions and no disc for Vista Ultimate (should there be one?). My
> problem is that the computer won't boot up. When you turn it on there is a
> long period with a black screen and a flashing cursor. Then you get the
> error
> message:"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
> error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click 'ok'
> restart the computer and then and the restart the installation." Multiple
> efforts rendered the same result. I then tried to start the computer in
> safe
> mode and many lines of program proceeded to install but after this line:
> "system32\drivers\crcdiscsys" I got a new error message, "Windows cannot
> complete installation in safe mode..." What should I do? (other than
> returning the computer?). And again, should there be an DVD for the
> installation? It doesn't ask for one).

BigJim

Re: New Computer, Won't Boot Up Vista Ultimate
return it
> Hi--
>
> I just bought a new computer, a PowerSpec E355 ( Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor
> E6600) with Windows Vista Ultimate. This was a returned item and there
> were
> no instructions and no disc for Vista Ultimate (should there be one?). My
> problem is that the computer won't boot up. When you turn it on there is a
> long period with a black screen and a flashing cursor. Then you get the
> error
> message:"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
> error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click 'ok'
> restart the computer and then and the restart the installation." Multiple
> efforts rendered the same result. I then tried to start the computer in
> safe
> mode and many lines of program proceeded to install but after this line:
> "system32\drivers\crcdiscsys" I got a new error message, "Windows cannot
> complete installation in safe mode..." What should I do? (other than
> returning the computer?). And again, should there be an DVD for the
> installation? It doesn't ask for one).

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: New Computer, Won't Boot Up Vista Ultimate
Mike

<but after this line: "system32\drivers\crcdiscsys" I got a new error
message>

That line isn't important the "crcdiscsys" is always the last to load when
booting to safe mode.

I would follow Kerry's advice and return the computer for a replacement.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP