Support for Vista BEFORE it's installed

KM

Support for Vista BEFORE it's installed
So has anyone been able to get support for the $159 upgrade that is
downloaded. There is a MAJOR problem with MS's support site. I don't have
Vista installed yet so I don't have a Product ID Number, without that I can't
get support.

I really, really do wish my company was not making the upgrade to Vista,
but I have to use the 64 bit Vista, and I have Windows XP Pro (32) so my
marketplace download is useless at the moment. It would be nice to have
support for a product I bought but can't use.

Richard Urban

Re: Support for Vista BEFORE it's installed
32 bit Vista will install on 64 bit hardware. In fact, many suggest that is
precisely what you should do to avoid driver problems.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"KM" <KM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So has anyone been able to get support for the $159 upgrade that is
> downloaded. There is a MAJOR problem with MS's support site. I don't have
> Vista installed yet so I don't have a Product ID Number, without that I
> can't
> get support.
>
> I really, really do wish my company was not making the upgrade to Vista,
> but I have to use the 64 bit Vista, and I have Windows XP Pro (32) so my
> marketplace download is useless at the moment. It would be nice to have
> support for a product I bought but can't use.

Kerry Brown

Re: Support for Vista BEFORE it's installed
Did you run the tool on the marketplace site to see what upgrades would work
on your computer? I'm pretty sure that the marketplace 64 bit upgrade won't
work on a 32 bit OS. They actually say this on the site:

http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/de...itemid=3394362

You should contact the marketplace support and see if it's possible to
exchange or refund your purchase.

https://support.windowsmarketplace.c...ail&ct=eformts

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"KM" <KM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So has anyone been able to get support for the $159 upgrade that is
> downloaded. There is a MAJOR problem with MS's support site. I don't have
> Vista installed yet so I don't have a Product ID Number, without that I
> can't
> get support.
>
> I really, really do wish my company was not making the upgrade to Vista,
> but I have to use the 64 bit Vista, and I have Windows XP Pro (32) so my
> marketplace download is useless at the moment. It would be nice to have
> support for a product I bought but can't use.

Mick Murphy

RE: Support for Vista BEFORE it's installed
Vista 64bit has to be a clean(full) install from XP 32bit; NOT upgrade!

Delete existing XP 32bit partition, formatt, clean install, etc.