Configuring 2WIRE Wireless Router in Windows Vista

Dale Meermans

Configuring 2WIRE Wireless Router in Windows Vista
I purchased an Acre Aspire 5315 running on Windows Vista. I installed the
system including a 2WIRE Wireless router and I initially had access to the
internet. Afterwards, I tried to configure the notebook for sharing files
with another local computer but couldn't get it to work. In the meantime I
must have hosed my wireless configuration because now I can't connect to the
internet. I can't figure out how to re-install the 2WIRE. Restoring the
system didn't help. Is there any way to re-install the whole system as if it
were new? Any help would be great.

Dale
peter

Re: Configuring 2WIRE Wireless Router in Windows Vista
Acer install creates a Acer directory as well as a Help directory where it
will explain how to do what you want.
The Ecare Icon also has the means of checking for wireless connections and
connecting.......
peter
"Dale Meermans" <Dale Meermans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased an Acre Aspire 5315 running on Windows Vista. I installed the
> system including a 2WIRE Wireless router and I initially had access to the
> internet. Afterwards, I tried to configure the notebook for sharing files
> with another local computer but couldn't get it to work. In the meantime I
> must have hosed my wireless configuration because now I can't connect to
> the
> internet. I can't figure out how to re-install the 2WIRE. Restoring the
> system didn't help. Is there any way to re-install the whole system as if
> it
> were new? Any help would be great.
>
> Dale

Dale Meermans

Re: Configuring 2WIRE Wireless Router in Windows Vista
For some unexplained reason I was able to connect this morning with out
changing a thing. It's a mystery. Everything is OK now. Thanks for the help.

dale