Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

cannot uninstall or reinstall NETGEAR WG111T wireless adapter

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2007
Thorlapsson
 

Posts: n/a
cannot uninstall or reinstall NETGEAR WG111T wireless adapter
Hello,
When I try to uninstall or reinstall the newer version of NETGEAR WG111T
wireless adapter I get the following error message:
"An error (-5006 : 0x80004005) has occured while running the setup."

In details mode I get the following information:
Error Code: -5006 : 0x80004005
Error Information:
>SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (814)

pAPP:WG111T
PVENDOR:
PGUID:51123D42-6B9C-4B93-900C-29F9EC5963C9
$12.0.0.49974PAK

What can be done to solve this issue since I'd like to install the newest
driver for the adapter?
Thanks a lot.
--
Thor
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2007
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: cannot uninstall or reinstall NETGEAR WG111T wireless adapter
Netgear is a mongrel to work with in NICs.

From memory, you had to pull the NIC out while you deleted the old driver,
installed the newer updated driver, then reinstall the Adaptor.

give them a ring.

"Thorlapsson" wrote:

> Hello,
> When I try to uninstall or reinstall the newer version of NETGEAR WG111T
> wireless adapter I get the following error message:
> "An error (-5006 : 0x80004005) has occured while running the setup."
>
> In details mode I get the following information:
> Error Code: -5006 : 0x80004005
> Error Information:
> >SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (814)

> pAPP:WG111T
> PVENDOR:
> PGUID:51123D42-6B9C-4B93-900C-29F9EC5963C9
> $12.0.0.49974PAK
>
> What can be done to solve this issue since I'd like to install the newest
> driver for the adapter?
> Thanks a lot.
> --
> Thor

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2007
Thorlapsson
 

Posts: n/a
RE: cannot uninstall or reinstall NETGEAR WG111T wireless adapter
Thanks Mick,
Could you give me hint how to pull the NIC from the memory.
What does NIC stand for? Do I have to delete the driver throught the device
manager? Problem is when I try to run the new setup for the newer driver
package I get the same error message, therefore I can't uninstall or
reinstall it.

Thanks again,
--
Thor


"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Netgear is a mongrel to work with in NICs.
>
> From memory, you had to pull the NIC out while you deleted the old driver,
> installed the newer updated driver, then reinstall the Adaptor.
>
> give them a ring.
>
> "Thorlapsson" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > When I try to uninstall or reinstall the newer version of NETGEAR WG111T
> > wireless adapter I get the following error message:
> > "An error (-5006 : 0x80004005) has occured while running the setup."
> >
> > In details mode I get the following information:
> > Error Code: -5006 : 0x80004005
> > Error Information:
> > >SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (814)

> > pAPP:WG111T
> > PVENDOR:
> > PGUID:51123D42-6B9C-4B93-900C-29F9EC5963C9
> > $12.0.0.49974PAK
> >
> > What can be done to solve this issue since I'd like to install the newest
> > driver for the adapter?
> > Thanks a lot.
> > --
> > Thor

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: cannot uninstall or reinstall NETGEAR WG111T wireless adapter
Hi Thor, good name!

NIC is the Network Interface Card, your WG111T. One screw and a phillips
head screwdriver! Mine was a 311 in a desktop
You have a disk that comes with it; so I uninstalled it from Add and Remove
Programs. And you can go into Device Manager to look for it as well.


"Thorlapsson" wrote:

> Thanks Mick,
> Could you give me hint how to pull the NIC from the memory.
> What does NIC stand for? Do I have to delete the driver throught the device
> manager? Problem is when I try to run the new setup for the newer driver
> package I get the same error message, therefore I can't uninstall or
> reinstall it.
>
> Thanks again,
> --
> Thor
>
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > Netgear is a mongrel to work with in NICs.
> >
> > From memory, you had to pull the NIC out while you deleted the old driver,
> > installed the newer updated driver, then reinstall the Adaptor.
> >
> > give them a ring.
> >
> > "Thorlapsson" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > When I try to uninstall or reinstall the newer version of NETGEAR WG111T
> > > wireless adapter I get the following error message:
> > > "An error (-5006 : 0x80004005) has occured while running the setup."
> > >
> > > In details mode I get the following information:
> > > Error Code: -5006 : 0x80004005
> > > Error Information:
> > > >SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (814)
> > > pAPP:WG111T
> > > PVENDOR:
> > > PGUID:51123D42-6B9C-4B93-900C-29F9EC5963C9
> > > $12.0.0.49974PAK
> > >
> > > What can be done to solve this issue since I'd like to install the newest
> > > driver for the adapter?
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > > --
> > > Thor

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
Thorlapsson
 

Posts: n/a
RE: cannot uninstall or reinstall NETGEAR WG111T wireless adapter
Well thanks Mick,
WG111T is a wireless USB2.0 Adapter therefore I would not need a
screwdriver, I just pull it out. I've done that already. Problem is that when
I go to the control panel - uninstall manager in Vista and when I click
uninstall on Netgear wireless USB2.0 adapter I get the before mentioned error
message. When I try to install newer setup package for USB adapter I get the
same message in installshield. The message says: "that an error has occured
while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous
setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please
contact your vendor."
The only other option I haven't tried is through the device manager. There I
have the following options: driver details, update driver, disable and
uninstall. Which path should I choose?
I have a similar problem with Quicktime. I cannot uninstall it. I don't get
any error messages, but when I get to the stage when "quicktime" is gathering
required information" uninstall stops. I can leave it for 10 minutes and
nothing happens - still the same message. I wonder is there a problem with
vista or with the mentioned applications. My computer is 3 weeks old, so I
don't know what to think.

--
Thor


"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Hi Thor, good name!
>
> NIC is the Network Interface Card, your WG111T. One screw and a phillips
> head screwdriver! Mine was a 311 in a desktop
> You have a disk that comes with it; so I uninstalled it from Add and Remove
> Programs. And you can go into Device Manager to look for it as well.
>
>
> "Thorlapsson" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Mick,
> > Could you give me hint how to pull the NIC from the memory.
> > What does NIC stand for? Do I have to delete the driver throught the device
> > manager? Problem is when I try to run the new setup for the newer driver
> > package I get the same error message, therefore I can't uninstall or
> > reinstall it.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > --
> > Thor
> >
> >
> > "Mick Murphy" wrote:
> >
> > > Netgear is a mongrel to work with in NICs.
> > >
> > > From memory, you had to pull the NIC out while you deleted the old driver,
> > > installed the newer updated driver, then reinstall the Adaptor.
> > >
> > > give them a ring.
> > >
> > > "Thorlapsson" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > > When I try to uninstall or reinstall the newer version of NETGEAR WG111T
> > > > wireless adapter I get the following error message:
> > > > "An error (-5006 : 0x80004005) has occured while running the setup."
> > > >
> > > > In details mode I get the following information:
> > > > Error Code: -5006 : 0x80004005
> > > > Error Information:
> > > > >SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (814)
> > > > pAPP:WG111T
> > > > PVENDOR:
> > > > PGUID:51123D42-6B9C-4B93-900C-29F9EC5963C9
> > > > $12.0.0.49974PAK
> > > >
> > > > What can be done to solve this issue since I'd like to install the newest
> > > > driver for the adapter?
> > > > Thanks a lot.
> > > > --
> > > > Thor

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driver needed for Netgear WG111T or Dlink DWL-G122 for Vista X64 =?Utf-8?B?amNvbGVzNw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 8 04-11-2011 16:12
Netgear wireless/router Huib microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 09-23-2007 13:59
need to uninstall and reinstall .NET framework 2.0 patrick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 07-07-2007 14:35
Netgear Adapter and Error Message =?Utf-8?B?TUpKT1M=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 04-05-2007 17:22
Uninstall and reinstall Vista =?Utf-8?B?QW5mdWFy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-06-2007 07:55




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:58.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120