Lost License Key

JJ

Lost License Key
I own a copy of Vista Ultimate and bought an additional license of Vista Home
Premium for use on another computer. I did this through Microsoft over the
internet. The hard drive in the Vista HP machine died, but I cant find the
license code to reinstall.

Where do I go or who do I call to get my Vist HP key resent to me?
JW

Re: Lost License Key
Did the HP machine come with Vista installed? If yes the key is on a
sticker somewhere on the machine.
"JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I own a copy of Vista Ultimate and bought an additional license of Vista
> Premium for use on another computer. I did this through Microsoft over
> the
> internet. The hard drive in the Vista HP machine died, but I cant find
> the
> license code to reinstall.
>
> Where do I go or who do I call to get my Vist HP key resent to me?

JJ

Re: Lost License Key
It isn't a HP made computer it is Vista Home Premium and I was to lazy to
keep typing that out. So, Vista HP = Vista Home Premium. I bought an
additional license for $50 when MS was offering it. I think I could have
purchased 2 additional licenses at that time, but I only needed 1.

"JW" wrote:

> Did the HP machine come with Vista installed? If yes the key is on a
> sticker somewhere on the machine.
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I own a copy of Vista Ultimate and bought an additional license of Vista
> > Premium for use on another computer. I did this through Microsoft over
> > the
> > internet. The hard drive in the Vista HP machine died, but I cant find
> > the
> > license code to reinstall.
> >
> > Where do I go or who do I call to get my Vist HP key resent to me?

Rick Rogers

Re: Lost License Key
Hi,

Possibly it was purchased throught digital locker?
http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=302

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> It isn't a HP made computer it is Vista Home Premium and I was to lazy to
> keep typing that out. So, Vista HP = Vista Home Premium. I bought an
> additional license for $50 when MS was offering it. I think I could have
> purchased 2 additional licenses at that time, but I only needed 1.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Did the HP machine come with Vista installed? If yes the key is on a
>> sticker somewhere on the machine.
>> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I own a copy of Vista Ultimate and bought an additional license of Vista
>> > Premium for use on another computer. I did this through Microsoft over
>> > the
>> > internet. The hard drive in the Vista HP machine died, but I cant find
>> > the
>> > license code to reinstall.
>> >
>> > Where do I go or who do I call to get my Vist HP key resent to me?

JJ

Re: Lost License Key
Thanks, Rick. Unfortunatly I have already checked there with no success. I
think I will end up calling MS Support to see if they can send it to me again.