Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Language Selection

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007
Vibhash
 

Posts: n/a
Language Selection
Hi,
I have Windows Vista Premium loaded to my PC. The language is German. I want
it to configure in English. I tried with the Recovery Disc, but I can change
the Region & keyboard to English, but not the Language. Can you suggest, How
I can select the English- Language.
Regards
Vibhash Agrawal
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Language Selection
Hi,

You need an English language version of Vista to install.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Vibhash" <Vibhash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:862A198D-1EFF-4ECB-9A7E-9C5BF813714B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have Windows Vista Premium loaded to my PC. The language is German. I
> want
> it to configure in English. I tried with the Recovery Disc, but I can
> change
> the Region & keyboard to English, but not the Language. Can you suggest,
> How
> I can select the English- Language.
> Regards
> Vibhash Agrawal


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007
Vibhash
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Language Selection
Hi Mr. Roger,

I was using the XP with my last PC & my knowledge says, I can select the
langauges from control panel even.
If I need to purchase the new license as well like a full New Installtion?
English is not the basic language for the s/w?
Where can I purchase the Vista English version through Net?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You need an English language version of Vista to install.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "Vibhash" <Vibhash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:862A198D-1EFF-4ECB-9A7E-9C5BF813714B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I have Windows Vista Premium loaded to my PC. The language is German. I
> > want
> > it to configure in English. I tried with the Recovery Disc, but I can
> > change
> > the Region & keyboard to English, but not the Language. Can you suggest,
> > How
> > I can select the English- Language.
> > Regards
> > Vibhash Agrawal

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Language Selection
The options in Windows XP are similar to what you see in Windows Vista
Home Premium.
In both cases changing languages means you need to purchase Windows in
the language you want.

If you qualified, Windows XP Professional had Multilanguage User
Interface packs you could install, to change the language from English
to another language.

Windows Vista Business and Ultimate have similar options.

There are many places locally and on the net to purchase Windows Vista
in English.
Check a local shop may be your best option.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"Vibhash" <Vibhash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A194B40E-609D-4175-BA29-C57395B8BE45@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mr. Roger,
>
> I was using the XP with my last PC & my knowledge says, I can select
> the
> langauges from control panel even.
> If I need to purchase the new license as well like a full New
> Installtion?
> English is not the basic language for the s/
> Where can I purchase the Vista English version through Net?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i don't have my language on installed input language marduku@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 10-08-2007 18:40
Unlocking selection TommyD Piano/Keyboard microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 09-14-2007 06:28
VIsta DVD Boot stops just before language selection screen Wilson microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 07-15-2007 04:20
[KB] The Windows Speech Recognition language must be the same as the operating system language in Windows Vista Alezito [MS MVP] microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 0 04-07-2007 10:57
Missing my country in language selection =?Utf-8?B?Vmlr?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-16-2007 11:08




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:56.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120