Vista Product Key Problem

eftiki

Vista Product Key Problem
I bought my HP laptop with Vista Home Premium installed in early September.
Last week a virus or something of the sort destroyed my computer enough to
the point where I had to delete everything and reinstall windows from my
Vista disk.

Well I did, and entered my product key and thought everything was
successful. Last night a message popped up telling me I had 27 days to
activate windows with a genuine product key.
I thought maybe I had entered the key wrong, so I entered it again, and
again with no success.

Now I'm stuck with an expiring version of Windows with a product key that I
paid for, that won't work.
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Product Key Problem
Hi,

When prompted for activation, use the phone method. If the automatic version
does not succeed, simply hold the line for a real person to activate it.
Your key reports that it is in use because it is - by you. As it was already
activated, the activation server has no way of knowing that you reinstalled.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"eftiki" <eftiki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought my HP laptop with Vista Home Premium installed in early September.
> Last week a virus or something of the sort destroyed my computer enough to
> the point where I had to delete everything and reinstall windows from my
> Vista disk.
>
> Well I did, and entered my product key and thought everything was
> successful. Last night a message popped up telling me I had 27 days to
> activate windows with a genuine product key.
> I thought maybe I had entered the key wrong, so I entered it again, and
> again with no success.
>
> Now I'm stuck with an expiring version of Windows with a product key that
> paid for, that won't work.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista Product Key Problem

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"eftiki" <eftiki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52140EA1-4A07-4047-9E31-009271C57462@microsoft.com...
I bought my HP laptop with Vista Home Premium installed in early September.
Last week a virus or something of the sort destroyed my computer enough to
the point where I had to delete everything and reinstall windows from my
Vista disk.

Well I did, and entered my product key and thought everything was
successful. Last night a message popped up telling me I had 27 days to
activate windows with a genuine product key.
I thought maybe I had entered the key wrong, so I entered it again, and
again with no success.

Now I'm stuck with an expiring version of Windows with a product key that I
paid for, that won't work.
Dustin Harper

Re: Vista Product Key Problem
Your key was used, the first time it was activated. The solution is simple,
just use the phone activation method and Microsoft can get you all fixed up
and activated.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
"eftiki" <eftiki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought my HP laptop with Vista Home Premium installed in early September.
> Last week a virus or something of the sort destroyed my computer enough to
> the point where I had to delete everything and reinstall windows from my
> Vista disk.
>
> Well I did, and entered my product key and thought everything was
> successful. Last night a message popped up telling me I had 27 days to
> activate windows with a genuine product key.
> I thought maybe I had entered the key wrong, so I entered it again, and
> again with no success.
>
> Now I'm stuck with an expiring version of Windows with a product key that
> paid for, that won't work.

Stephen Green

Dustin Harper wrote:
> Your key was used, the first time it was activated. The solution is
> simple, just use the phone activation method and Microsoft can get you
> all fixed up and activated.

..... and that process is clear bull****. MS should have allowed x number
of installs before phone activation. Further, if one changes any
hardware in the puter, the bloody vista system wants to be reactivated.

Vista is nothing more than a very poor bloated program that has so many
errors it is hard to get anything done.

XP had problems, but is ten times the program. I am now convinced that
Linux (almost any distro) is a far better choice.

==
johnsonnn

RE: Vista Product Key Problem
dear,"eftiki, it seems you have the problem with your product key and
Activation status of your copy of Windows , you need to reinstall , clean
install Windows on your computer and then tell me what happen to Windows
product activation at my personal e-mail johncityny@hotmail.com
--

"eftiki" wrote:

> I bought my HP laptop with Vista Home Premium installed in early September.
> Last week a virus or something of the sort destroyed my computer enough to
> the point where I had to delete everything and reinstall windows from my
> Vista disk.
>
> Well I did, and entered my product key and thought everything was
> successful. Last night a message popped up telling me I had 27 days to
> activate windows with a genuine product key.
> I thought maybe I had entered the key wrong, so I entered it again, and
> again with no success.
>
> Now I'm stuck with an expiring version of Windows with a product key that I
> paid for, that won't work.

AJR

Re: Vista Product Key Problem
Reinstalling invalidated your key - select phone activation and follow
directions.