Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem

Scottyhn

Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem
I just puchased an anytime upgrade for my HP DV0207us laptop to upgrade from
Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. 1.73 mhz intel core duo processor, 2gb
ram, 120gb HDD(50gb free). The upgrade procedure last for about 2 hours.
When it's almost completed I get an error message that states "windows could
not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the
computer and then restart the installation". The system then restore Vista
Home Premium and restarts. I've tried upgrading twice with the same results.
Any suggestions?
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem
Hi,

Uninstall any current antivirus software, any antispyware packages, any
third party firewall solutions, and any video driver packages before
retrying the upgrade.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Scottyhn" <Scottyhn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just puchased an anytime upgrade for my HP DV0207us laptop to upgrade
>from
> Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. 1.73 mhz intel core duo processor,
> 2gb
> ram, 120gb HDD(50gb free). The upgrade procedure last for about 2 hours.
> When it's almost completed I get an error message that states "windows
> could
> not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart
> the
> computer and then restart the installation". The system then restore
> Vista
> Home Premium and restarts. I've tried upgrading twice with the same
> results.
> Any suggestions?

Scottyhn

Re: Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem
I tried something else that was posted on Technet re:an enterprise CD. I
went to Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On
and Off. Unchecked XPS Viewer under MS.NetFramework. Unchecked remote
differential compression. Unchecked Windows DFS Replication Service. After
this I had no problems upgrading.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Uninstall any current antivirus software, any antispyware packages, any
> third party firewall solutions, and any video driver packages before
> retrying the upgrade.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Scottyhn" <Scottyhn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just puchased an anytime upgrade for my HP DV0207us laptop to upgrade
> >from
> > Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. 1.73 mhz intel core duo processor,
> > 2gb
> > ram, 120gb HDD(50gb free). The upgrade procedure last for about 2 hours.
> > When it's almost completed I get an error message that states "windows
> > could
> > not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart
> > the
> > computer and then restart the installation". The system then restore
> > Vista
> > Home Premium and restarts. I've tried upgrading twice with the same
> > results.
> > Any suggestions?

tito

Re: Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem
Thaks body ,
this works great

Regards

tito

"Scottyhn" wrote:

> I tried something else that was posted on Technet re:an enterprise CD. I
> went to Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On
> and Off. Unchecked XPS Viewer under MS.NetFramework. Unchecked remote
> differential compression. Unchecked Windows DFS Replication Service. After
> this I had no problems upgrading.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Uninstall any current antivirus software, any antispyware packages, any
> > third party firewall solutions, and any video driver packages before
> > retrying the upgrade.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "Scottyhn" <Scottyhn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I just puchased an anytime upgrade for my HP DV0207us laptop to upgrade
> > >from
> > > Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. 1.73 mhz intel core duo processor,
> > > 2gb
> > > ram, 120gb HDD(50gb free). The upgrade procedure last for about 2 hours.
> > > When it's almost completed I get an error message that states "windows
> > > could
> > > not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart
> > > the
> > > computer and then restart the installation". The system then restore
> > > Vista
> > > Home Premium and restarts. I've tried upgrading twice with the same
> > > results.
> > > Any suggestions?

Pingala

Re: Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem

Hi, I just tried the way you described. It did not work for me. I am
upgrading to Ultimate with Sp2. It shows that the "upgrade is
disabled".
Any help is very much appreciated.Thanks.

--
Pingala
Pingala's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88466.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Mike Torello

Pingala <Pingala.3qc9fb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Hi, I just tried the way you described. It did not work for me. I am
>upgrading to Ultimate with Sp2. It shows that the "upgrade is
>disabled".
>Any help is very much appreciated.Thanks.

You just replied to a message that was posted in OCTOBER OF 2007.

Did you start the installation from WITHIN Windows?
Pingala

Re: Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem

I started from Vista Home Premium as well as from DVD boot.

--
Pingala
Pingala's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88466.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/833465.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Curious

Re: Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem
AFAIK no new installation DVDs with Vista SP2 already included have been
released yet since SP2 itself has not yet been released. Where were you
able to get one from?

"Pingala" <Pingala.3qc9fb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I just tried the way you described. It did not work for me. I am
> upgrading to Ultimate with Sp2. It shows that the "upgrade is
> disabled".
> Any help is very much appreciated.Thanks.
>

> --
> Pingala
> Pingala's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88466.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/833465.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Patrick Keenan

Re: Vista Home Premium upgrade to Vista Ultimate Problem

"Pingala" <Pingala.3qc9fb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I just tried the way you described. It did not work for me. I am
> upgrading to Ultimate with Sp2. It shows that the "upgrade is
> disabled".
> Any help is very much appreciated.Thanks.

Again, not surprising, since Vista SP2 is not released and some functions
willl not be available.

You'll have to wait till it is a released product, and use that.