Problem caused by HP printer driver HPZd412/HPZius12

antknee802

Problem caused by HP printer driver HPZd412/HPZius12
I have an HP c6180 that constantly causes blue screen crashes whenever i try
to print photos. I get the message that the shutdowns where caused by the
above listed printer drivers, that HP knows about the problem and is trying
to fix it etc.
Of course, HP knows nothing and repeated bcalls to them are getting me
nowhere.This has been going on for months! and I am at my wits end .I have
windows vista home premium and an HP C 6180. Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance.
Mick Murphy

RE: Problem caused by HP printer driver HPZd412/HPZius12
You HAVE to get the Printer's Drivers from HP.

They are the people that write the drivers for THEIR products, NOT microsoft.

Check at their website for Vista compatible drivers for your printer model
number.

"antknee802" wrote:

> I have an HP c6180 that constantly causes blue screen crashes whenever i try
> to print photos. I get the message that the shutdowns where caused by the
> above listed printer drivers, that HP knows about the problem and is trying
> to fix it etc.
> Of course, HP knows nothing and repeated bcalls to them are getting me
> nowhere.This has been going on for months! and I am at my wits end .I have
> windows vista home premium and an HP C 6180. Can anybody help?
> Thanks in advance.

antknee802

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You HAVE to get the Printer's Drivers from HP.
>
> They are the people that write the drivers for THEIR products, NOT microsoft.
>
> Check at their website for Vista compatible drivers for your printer model
> number.
>

> "antknee802" wrote:
>
> > I have an HP c6180 that constantly causes blue screen crashes whenever i try
> > to print photos. I get the message that the shutdowns where caused by the
> > above listed printer drivers, that HP knows about the problem and is trying
> > to fix it etc.
> > Of course, HP knows nothing and repeated bcalls to them are getting me
> > nowhere.This has been going on for months! and I am at my wits end .I have
> > windows vista home premium and an HP C 6180. Can anybody help?
> > Thanks in advance.

antknee802

RE: Problem caused by HP printer driver HPZd412/HPZius12
Got the drivers from the website, got a disk from HP installed and
uninstalled um**** times at HP's direction, all for naught. This printer was
introduced with windows XP but seems incompatible with Vista despite HP's
updates. Any more ideas?

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You HAVE to get the Printer's Drivers from HP.
>
> They are the people that write the drivers for THEIR products, NOT microsoft.
>
> Check at their website for Vista compatible drivers for your printer model
> number.
>

> "antknee802" wrote:
>
> > I have an HP c6180 that constantly causes blue screen crashes whenever i try
> > to print photos. I get the message that the shutdowns where caused by the
> > above listed printer drivers, that HP knows about the problem and is trying
> > to fix it etc.
> > Of course, HP knows nothing and repeated bcalls to them are getting me
> > nowhere.This has been going on for months! and I am at my wits end .I have
> > windows vista home premium and an HP C 6180. Can anybody help?
> > Thanks in advance.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Problem caused by HP printer driver HPZd412/HPZius12
Disconnect the printer.

Download HP's uninstall utility from:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en

Reinstall the software and do NOT connect the printer until the software
tells you to do so.

If the printer is not connected on a network, use the Basic software from
HP's website, not the full version.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"antknee802" <antknee802@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Got the drivers from the website, got a disk from HP installed and
> uninstalled um**** times at HP's direction, all for naught. This printer
> was
> introduced with windows XP but seems incompatible with Vista despite HP's
> updates. Any more ideas?

Mick Murphy

RE: Problem caused by HP printer driver HPZd412/HPZius12
OK, start again! You have the Vista Drivers disk from HP.

Uninstall ALL the Printer software from your computer, and disconnect the
printer from your computer.

Find the original install instructions(as to whether you plug the printer in
before or after you install the software).
Reinstall.

"antknee802" wrote:

> Got the drivers from the website, got a disk from HP installed and
> uninstalled um**** times at HP's direction, all for naught. This printer was
> introduced with windows XP but seems incompatible with Vista despite HP's
> updates. Any more ideas?
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > You HAVE to get the Printer's Drivers from HP.
> >
> > They are the people that write the drivers for THEIR products, NOT microsoft.
> >
> > Check at their website for Vista compatible drivers for your printer model
> > number.
> >

> > "antknee802" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an HP c6180 that constantly causes blue screen crashes whenever i try
> > > to print photos. I get the message that the shutdowns where caused by the
> > > above listed printer drivers, that HP knows about the problem and is trying
> > > to fix it etc.
> > > Of course, HP knows nothing and repeated bcalls to them are getting me
> > > nowhere.This has been going on for months! and I am at my wits end .I have
> > > windows vista home premium and an HP C 6180. Can anybody help?
> > > Thanks in advance.

AJR

Re: Problem caused by HP printer driver HPZd412/HPZius12
Follow Carl's advice. Beginning with the C4100 printer series, using
Control panel uninstall or printer uninstall option does not list drivers as
being uninstalled.

For example - if you selecte the custom installation all the "Choices" will
be grayed but checked with a notation that they are installed - "fooling"
the new install.
It is neccessary to use the HP uninstall utility mentioned by Carl.