uninstall problems related to administrator account

Ter

uninstall problems related to administrator account
Hi,
i am running on vista and I rencently installed a demo version of Surfer
from Golden software. I now try to uninstall it but get an error saying that
the administrator as set polcies to prevent this action.
There is only 4 accounts on this machine and only one (mine) with
administrator privileges. i use my account but can't uninstall. I tried
creating a new user called administrator but I get a message this account
already exist (????) I did not create it so hoe come it exists.
there does not seem to be a "run as administrator" option for uninstalling
software hence i am in a dead end.
Can someone help me get arround this situation that is driving me crazy.

this raises another question. Why is there an administrator account in Vista
that we cannot access if some tasks in vista are only possible while logged
in as administrator and there is no way to log in as administrator?

thanks
Mick Murphy

RE: uninstall problems related to administrator account
If you hit F8 at startup, go into Safe Mode, you will be offered the option
of admin Account.

"Ter" wrote:

> Hi,
> i am running on vista and I rencently installed a demo version of Surfer
> from Golden software. I now try to uninstall it but get an error saying that
> the administrator as set polcies to prevent this action.
> There is only 4 accounts on this machine and only one (mine) with
> administrator privileges. i use my account but can't uninstall. I tried
> creating a new user called administrator but I get a message this account
> already exist (????) I did not create it so hoe come it exists.
> there does not seem to be a "run as administrator" option for uninstalling
> software hence i am in a dead end.
> Can someone help me get arround this situation that is driving me crazy.
>
> this raises another question. Why is there an administrator account in Vista
> that we cannot access if some tasks in vista are only possible while logged
> in as administrator and there is no way to log in as administrator?
>
> thanks

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: uninstall problems related to administrator account
Ter

Did you disable the User Account Control on the system?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Ter" <Ter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> i am running on vista and I rencently installed a demo version of Surfer
> from Golden software. I now try to uninstall it but get an error saying
> that
> the administrator as set polcies to prevent this action.
> There is only 4 accounts on this machine and only one (mine) with
> administrator privileges. i use my account but can't uninstall. I tried
> creating a new user called administrator but I get a message this account
> already exist (????) I did not create it so hoe come it exists.
> there does not seem to be a "run as administrator" option for uninstalling
> software hence i am in a dead end.
> Can someone help me get arround this situation that is driving me crazy.
>
> this raises another question. Why is there an administrator account in
> Vista
> that we cannot access if some tasks in vista are only possible while
> logged
> in as administrator and there is no way to log in as administrator?
>
> thanks

VistaNoob

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Ter
>
> Did you disable the User Account Control on the system?

I'm having the exact same problem as Ter. How do I disable this UAC?
fumblefingers

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:31:03 -0800, VistaNoob <VistaNoob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Ter
>>
>> Did you disable the User Account Control on the system?

>I'm having the exact same problem as Ter. How do I disable this UAC?

A lot of users will want to know, since Bill's kids are such fricking nannies, instead of
recognizing that the end-user is GOD, BillG, is his/her employee, and Windows is
merely *kindly permitted* to run on their private property, to Microsoft's profit.

Open Control Panel.
At upper left, choose Control Panel Home.
Click Security (4-color shield) icon.
Click User Accounts and Family Safety.
Click User Accounts.
At bottom of list, choose Turn User Account Control On or Off.

If you're running (haven't strangled to death) Windows Defender, it will complain hysterically
about your not allowing User Account Control. If you are the only user, the chief concern is
someone hacking in via your internet connection and exceeding the normal authority permitted
to sneak thieves in your house. Whenever you're connected to the internet, be sure a good
firewall program is running (and up-to-date.) Vista has its own. You may prefer to use one
you're used to, that doesn't try to enforce Microsoft's supremacy over its users every thirty
seconds.

Don't forget to change settings in Windows Defender, so it will stfu about this bug up its ass,
but just show the security icon on the notification panel.

--
fumblefingers
don't capitalize on reply-to
Shooter13

Re: uninstall problems related to administrator account

i am also having this problem ive tried the ideas mentioned in here and
on other sites but they dont work. All i want to do is uninstall some
bloody things. If anyone has the answer im listening.

--
Shooter13
Shooter13's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39226

http://forums.techarena.in