Vista Home Premium - Crash after input license key!!

OCSLugger

Vista Home Premium - Crash after input license key!!
Hi,

I'm upgrading from XP SP2 to Vista Home Premium. I tried running the
Advisor tool but that seems to scan on an endless loop for me, so I bypassed
that step. So I try installing from XP and I get to the screen that asks for
my license code, after filling it out it takes me to the license agreement,
on that page (takes about 5 sec) the entire system crashes and auto reboots!!
Am I the only one this is happening to? Help please!

thx
wheelman

RE: Vista Home Premium - Crash after input license key!!
any thing can happen with vista,,did you only but an upgrade vista instead of
a full version..if so..i think i read some other people were haveing.a
problem similar..im sure some one will get on here that can tell you..what to
do..i bought a full version..had problems with the full version too..had to
reinstall..it stoped my dvd and cd burner from working..had to go buy new
2007 dvd burner software..had to go get upgraded software.from on line..so if
you got computer stuff there made before..win vista was made in 2006...you
may have to do the same thing..most

companys gave me free software up grades,,even my cell phone..but there was
nothing that i could use from sony on my dvd and cd burners..i couldnt down
load it.it was like a 100mb program..cost me like 50 dollars to buy a new dvd
burner that was on sell,,with 2007 roxio dvd burner software..with that even
the cd burner started working..good luck..i got mind working after four
months..and so far so good..

use the manual restore point...set a restore point if it looks like you got
everything working good.in case something messes up.you just do the restore
point..and you are back in bussines

"OCSLugger" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm upgrading from XP SP2 to Vista Home Premium. I tried running the
> Advisor tool but that seems to scan on an endless loop for me, so I bypassed
> that step. So I try installing from XP and I get to the screen that asks for
> my license code, after filling it out it takes me to the license agreement,
> on that page (takes about 5 sec) the entire system crashes and auto reboots!!
> Am I the only one this is happening to? Help please!
>
> thx

Bruce Chambers

OCSLugger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm upgrading from XP SP2 to Vista Home Premium. I tried running the
> Advisor tool but that seems to scan on an endless loop for me, so I bypassed
> that step. So I try installing from XP and I get to the screen that asks for
> my license code, after filling it out it takes me to the license agreement,
> on that page (takes about 5 sec) the entire system crashes and auto reboots!!
> Am I the only one this is happening to? Help please!
>
> thx

Why would you have expected to have been able to successfully upgrade
to Vista, if your computer couldn't pass the very liberal Upgrade
Adviser? If the Advisor couldn't run, it seems pretty clear that the
computer, for whatever reason (after all, you've carefully declined to
provide any specific information about your computer), why would have
even tried the upgrade? Do you like deliberately setting yourself up
for failure?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
wheelman

Re: Vista Home Premium - Crash after input license key!!
you didnt say what computer you have and whats in it,,that makes it run,,that
would help some one to help you..it may just be the upgrade is clashing with
something..

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> OCSLugger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm upgrading from XP SP2 to Vista Home Premium. I tried running the
> > Advisor tool but that seems to scan on an endless loop for me, so I bypassed
> > that step. So I try installing from XP and I get to the screen that asks for
> > my license code, after filling it out it takes me to the license agreement,
> > on that page (takes about 5 sec) the entire system crashes and auto reboots!!
> > Am I the only one this is happening to? Help please!
> >
> > thx

> Why would you have expected to have been able to successfully upgrade
> to Vista, if your computer couldn't pass the very liberal Upgrade
> Adviser? If the Advisor couldn't run, it seems pretty clear that the
> computer, for whatever reason (after all, you've carefully declined to
> provide any specific information about your computer), why would have
> even tried the upgrade? Do you like deliberately setting yourself up
> for failure?
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

Dwarf

RE: Vista Home Premium - Crash after input license key!!
Hi OCSLugger,

If you follow the instructions in my post 'Clean Install Windows Vista Using
Upgrade Media', also in this newsgroup (dated 9/21/2007), you should be able
to solve your problem.
Dwarf