Success

MikeG

Success
Hi Folks: Just a line to let you know that I have successfully installed
Vista Ultimate Upgrade as a new installation, thanks to your great
instruction and support. No problem whatsoever, and I followed Dwarf's
tutorial. I have installed most of my programs, and the only one that
wouldn't run was Diskeeper v7.0 so I'll use the program defrag until I can
come up with something else.

The email is working, and so is the printer and Explorer...looks nice. The
Roadrunner Internet connection (ISP) was hooked up automatically, with no
grief at all, as was the printer, with my driver disk.

Thanks a lot for all your help - it really did me a lot of good. You're the
best!

Mike

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Success
Diskeeper 2007 works well with Vista if you are looking for a version 7
replacement..

"MikeG" <m***dos06.nospamm@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hi Folks: Just a line to let you know that I have successfully installed
> Vista Ultimate Upgrade as a new installation, thanks to your great
> instruction and support. No problem whatsoever, and I followed Dwarf's
> tutorial. I have installed most of my programs, and the only one that
> wouldn't run was Diskeeper v7.0 so I'll use the program defrag until I can
> come up with something else.
>
> The email is working, and so is the printer and Explorer...looks nice. The
> Roadrunner Internet connection (ISP) was hooked up automatically, with no
> grief at all, as was the printer, with my driver disk.
>
> Thanks a lot for all your help - it really did me a lot of good. You're
> the best!
>
> Mike

MikeG

Re: Success
OK...I just ordered it from TigerDirect...this all went too smoothly. I'm
waiting for a shoe to drop...Mike
"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
> Diskeeper 2007 works well with Vista if you are looking for a version 7
> replacement..
>

> "MikeG" <m***dos06.nospamm@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Hi Folks: Just a line to let you know that I have successfully installed
>> Vista Ultimate Upgrade as a new installation, thanks to your great
>> instruction and support. No problem whatsoever, and I followed Dwarf's
>> tutorial. I have installed most of my programs, and the only one that
>> wouldn't run was Diskeeper v7.0 so I'll use the program defrag until I
>> can come up with something else.
>>
>> The email is working, and so is the printer and Explorer...looks nice.
>> The Roadrunner Internet connection (ISP) was hooked up automatically,
>> with no grief at all, as was the printer, with my driver disk.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for all your help - it really did me a lot of good. You're
>> the best!
>>
>> Mike

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Success
It doesn't drop for everybody.

Vista has issues of its own, some of which have already been addressed,
others work in progress. Driver support is way better than at the start.
Drivers for older stuff if not about now never will be. Video drivers are
still not together as much as they could be yet.

Programs like the OEM versions of Nero as supplied with DVD drives are still
not compatible with Vista, but there are alternatives available, one being
the purchase of the latest version of course.

Some don't like the new look, or the differences in Search or Windows
Explorer, but in all honesty it takes just a short time to acclimatize and
make adjustments to layouts and views.

Glad it is all good for you so far..

> OK...I just ordered it from TigerDirect...this all went too smoothly. I'm
> waiting for a shoe to drop...Mike
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
>> Diskeeper 2007 works well with Vista if you are looking for a version 7
>> replacement..
>>

>> "MikeG" <m***dos06.nospamm@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi Folks: Just a line to let you know that I have successfully installed
>>> Vista Ultimate Upgrade as a new installation, thanks to your great
>>> instruction and support. No problem whatsoever, and I followed Dwarf's
>>> tutorial. I have installed most of my programs, and the only one that
>>> wouldn't run was Diskeeper v7.0 so I'll use the program defrag until I
>>> can come up with something else.
>>>
>>> The email is working, and so is the printer and Explorer...looks nice.
>>> The Roadrunner Internet connection (ISP) was hooked up automatically,
>>> with no grief at all, as was the printer, with my driver disk.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for all your help - it really did me a lot of good. You're
>>> the best!
>>>
>>> Mike

wheelman

Re: Success
just so you know,,sony is giveing a free vista upgrade for nero,,some people
on here,,,cant tell you everything...but they sent the link to me and when i
went to it..
the nero upgrade was like a 100mb it was a bloated program,,nero is makeing
them make us down load it every language..not just english..to me that was
crazy
so i seen on line a dvd burner on sale..for 50 dollars,,that was built in
2007 and has a new version of roxio
vista even shut down my dvd burner and dvd player..the os made me go out and
buy new software that had been working great with xp..my dvd and cd
player..is only 2004..no one is saying why this os is set up this way
good luck...i hope it all keeps working..before you install anything
else..do a restore point

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> It doesn't drop for everybody.
>
> Vista has issues of its own, some of which have already been addressed,
> others work in progress. Driver support is way better than at the start.
> Drivers for older stuff if not about now never will be. Video drivers are
> still not together as much as they could be yet.
>
> Programs like the OEM versions of Nero as supplied with DVD drives are still
> not compatible with Vista, but there are alternatives available, one being
> the purchase of the latest version of course.
>
> Some don't like the new look, or the differences in Search or Windows
> Explorer, but in all honesty it takes just a short time to acclimatize and
> make adjustments to layouts and views.
>
> Glad it is all good for you so far..
>

> "MikeG" <m***dos06.nospamm@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > OK...I just ordered it from TigerDirect...this all went too smoothly. I'm
> > waiting for a shoe to drop...Mike
> > "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
> >> Diskeeper 2007 works well with Vista if you are looking for a version 7
> >> replacement..

wheelman

Re: Success
so there is a free nero upgrade..i ment to say..went i went to nero i didnt
see it..but when i emailed sony..they sent me the link..to be able to find
it.i didnt email nero about it..
but they made a deal with sony,to give it out free,,people have to down load
this 100 mb version..
makes no sense to me..but i dont know big bussiness and money..if you want
it its out there for free..got a 100 mb free...im not wasteing my mb,s lol

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> It doesn't drop for everybody.
>
> Vista has issues of its own, some of which have already been addressed,
> others work in progress. Driver support is way better than at the start.
> Drivers for older stuff if not about now never will be. Video drivers are
> still not together as much as they could be yet.
>
> Programs like the OEM versions of Nero as supplied with DVD drives are still
> not compatible with Vista, but there are alternatives available, one being
> the purchase of the latest version of course.
>
> Some don't like the new look, or the differences in Search or Windows
> Explorer, but in all honesty it takes just a short time to acclimatize and
> make adjustments to layouts and views.
>
> Glad it is all good for you so far..
>

> "MikeG" <m***dos06.nospamm@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > OK...I just ordered it from TigerDirect...this all went too smoothly. I'm
> > waiting for a shoe to drop...Mike
> > "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
> >> Diskeeper 2007 works well with Vista if you are looking for a version 7
> >> replacement..

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Success
Lets get one thing straight here. Nero version 6 was written to work with
XP, and whatever OS mentioned on the box.

The installation process would look for something specific to each operating
system, and if that element was missing, Nero would not install. Software
doesn't have to be written this way. It is the choice of whoever produces
it.

Nero 6 had no Vista identifier, and so would not run properly in Vista.
Nero's choice, not Vista's. Bear in mind that many software houses do this
primarily to generate cash in return for new improved versions that just
happen to be compatible with the latest operating system even though there
is no apparent difference between the XP and and Vista versions. Without
cash generation, the companies would not survive, so you have to see it from
their point of view too.

The 'free' version which was not made public by Nero because they wanted
users to buy the new version 7 was made compatible by Nero in response to
customer anger.

The download is large, not so much because of the multi-language support, so
much as the other utilities included in the package.

"wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> just so you know,,sony is giveing a free vista upgrade for nero,,some
> people
> on here,,,cant tell you everything...but they sent the link to me and when
> went to it..
> the nero upgrade was like a 100mb it was a bloated program,,nero is
> makeing
> them make us down load it every language..not just english..to me that was
> crazy
> so i seen on line a dvd burner on sale..for 50 dollars,,that was built in
> 2007 and has a new version of roxio
> vista even shut down my dvd burner and dvd player..the os made me go out
> and
> buy new software that had been working great with xp..my dvd and cd
> player..is only 2004..no one is saying why this os is set up this way
> good luck...i hope it all keeps working..before you install anything
> else..do a restore point
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> It doesn't drop for everybody.
>>
>> Vista has issues of its own, some of which have already been addressed,
>> others work in progress. Driver support is way better than at the start.
>> Drivers for older stuff if not about now never will be. Video drivers are
>> still not together as much as they could be yet.
>>
>> Programs like the OEM versions of Nero as supplied with DVD drives are
>> still
>> not compatible with Vista, but there are alternatives available, one
>> being
>> the purchase of the latest version of course.
>>
>> Some don't like the new look, or the differences in Search or Windows
>> Explorer, but in all honesty it takes just a short time to acclimatize
>> and
>> make adjustments to layouts and views.
>>
>> Glad it is all good for you so far..
>>

>> "MikeG" <m***dos06.nospamm@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> > OK...I just ordered it from TigerDirect...this all went too smoothly.
>> > I'm
>> > waiting for a shoe to drop...Mike

Dwarf

RE: Success
Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that you have been successful, and that my posts have proved to
be of assistance to you.
Dwarf

"MikeG" wrote:

> Hi Folks: Just a line to let you know that I have successfully installed
> Vista Ultimate Upgrade as a new installation, thanks to your great
> instruction and support. No problem whatsoever, and I followed Dwarf's
> tutorial. I have installed most of my programs, and the only one that
> wouldn't run was Diskeeper v7.0 so I'll use the program defrag until I can
> come up with something else.
>
> The email is working, and so is the printer and Explorer...looks nice. The
> Roadrunner Internet connection (ISP) was hooked up automatically, with no
> grief at all, as was the printer, with my driver disk.
>
> Thanks a lot for all your help - it really did me a lot of good. You're the
> best!
>
> Mike

Mick Murphy

Re: Success
wheelman, if someone gave you a second brain, it would be lonely!