Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium

Davevinci

Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium
Hi

Someone out there must have a proper answer to save your programs as you
move between Home Premium to Business. Is there a way around having to loose
all programs that I have just finished installing ?

Somehow - as a developer - telling someone to delete all your stuff and
re-install it so I can just upgrade Vista to another version of Vista is
totally not cool. I need the Virtual PC ability.

Thanks for any help.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium
There is no "upgrade" path from Windows Vista Home Premium
to Windows Vista Business edition. If you actually want to upgrade
to the next level, then choose the upgrade version of Vista Ultimate.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C179C2C-E434-4115-8468-957A028DF9EA@microsoft.com...
Hi

Someone out there must have a proper answer to save your programs as you
move between Home Premium to Business. Is there a way around having to loose
all programs that I have just finished installing ?

Somehow - as a developer - telling someone to delete all your stuff and
re-install it so I can just upgrade Vista to another version of Vista is
totally not cool. I need the Virtual PC ability.

Thanks for any help.
Davevinci

Re: Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium
Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home version
and also allows Virtual PC to run?

I find this whole Vista plan not a plan at all - its really random.
Dave

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> There is no "upgrade" path from Windows Vista Home Premium
> to Windows Vista Business edition. If you actually want to upgrade
> to the next level, then choose the upgrade version of Vista Ultimate.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C179C2C-E434-4115-8468-957A028DF9EA@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Someone out there must have a proper answer to save your programs as you
> move between Home Premium to Business. Is there a way around having to loose
> all programs that I have just finished installing ?
>
> Somehow - as a developer - telling someone to delete all your stuff and
> re-install it so I can just upgrade Vista to another version of Vista is
> totally not cool. I need the Virtual PC ability.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Dave

Re: Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium
Virtual PC runs fine on Home Premium, it's just not supported by MS.....

> Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home
> version
> and also allows Virtual PC to run?
>
> I find this whole Vista plan not a plan at all - its really random.
> Dave
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is no "upgrade" path from Windows Vista Home Premium
>> to Windows Vista Business edition. If you actually want to upgrade
>> to the next level, then choose the upgrade version of Vista Ultimate.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User

>> "Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Someone out there must have a proper answer to save your programs as you
>> move between Home Premium to Business. Is there a way around having to
>> loose
>> all programs that I have just finished installing ?
>>
>> Somehow - as a developer - telling someone to delete all your stuff and
>> re-install it so I can just upgrade Vista to another version of Vista is
>> totally not cool. I need the Virtual PC ability.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

Rick Rogers

Re: Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium
Hi,

> Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home
> version
> and also allows Virtual PC to run?

Yes and yes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home
> version
> and also allows Virtual PC to run?
>
> I find this whole Vista plan not a plan at all - its really random.
> Dave
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is no "upgrade" path from Windows Vista Home Premium
>> to Windows Vista Business edition. If you actually want to upgrade
>> to the next level, then choose the upgrade version of Vista Ultimate.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User

>> "Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Someone out there must have a proper answer to save your programs as you
>> move between Home Premium to Business. Is there a way around having to
>> loose
>> all programs that I have just finished installing ?
>>
>> Somehow - as a developer - telling someone to delete all your stuff and
>> re-install it so I can just upgrade Vista to another version of Vista is
>> totally not cool. I need the Virtual PC ability.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

Davevinci

Re: Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium
Thanks for the help.
I am gong to try Virtual PC 2004 OR 2007 which ever works - this may be my
workaround right now.
Dave

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home
> > version
> > and also allows Virtual PC to run?

> Yes and yes.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home
> > version
> > and also allows Virtual PC to run?
> >
> > I find this whole Vista plan not a plan at all - its really random.
> > Dave
> >
> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> There is no "upgrade" path from Windows Vista Home Premium
> >> to Windows Vista Business edition. If you actually want to upgrade
> >> to the next level, then choose the upgrade version of Vista Ultimate.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Carey Frisch
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> "Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Someone out there must have a proper answer to save your programs as you
> >> move between Home Premium to Business. Is there a way around having to
> >> loose
> >> all programs that I have just finished installing ?
> >>
> >> Somehow - as a developer - telling someone to delete all your stuff and
> >> re-install it so I can just upgrade Vista to another version of Vista is
> >> totally not cool. I need the Virtual PC ability.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.

Rick Rogers

Re: Upgrade to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium
Hi,

Use 2007 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx

--

> Thanks for the help.
> I am gong to try Virtual PC 2004 OR 2007 which ever works - this may be my
> workaround right now.
> Dave
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home
>> > version
>> > and also allows Virtual PC to run?

>> Yes and yes.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Davevinci" <Davevinci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the info - so does ULTIMATE allow for an upgrade from Home
>> > version
>> > and also allows Virtual PC to run?
>> >
>> > I find this whole Vista plan not a plan at all - its really random.
>> > Dave

Location: Turkey,IZMIR
WildGenie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upgrade from Vista Business to Vista Premium