I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE

wheelman

I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE
you see all the post..people are haveing all these problems with vista..it is
defective..uncle bill,,greedy uncle bill gates,,has vista rigged up..where
you cant do within it what you did with xp..its simple as that.uncle
bill..wants you to go out and buy all new software and hard ware,,so he can
get his kick back or fee..

but im sure even if you did all of that,vista is so scewed up..something new
things still might not work..more money wasted..he,s got it fixed..where we
are constanly working on our computers instead of useing them..

you still have win xp to fall back on..right...use a back up computer for
your main computer..vista is never going to work right..its defective..on
purpose or by acciedent..i thinks its about .uncle bill seen a opertunity to
get greedy and more money off of us.but they put so many ..tricks in the
os..that theres not going to be

a total fix..its just screwed because of greed...
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE
"vista is never going to work right"
FALSE, since Windows Vista works well for many including two older
computers of mine.

"get his kick back or fee"
What is your source?

"where we are constanly working on our computers"
Not everyone, maybe you?
Perhaps you are not ready for Windows Vista.
Nothing says anyone needs to upgrade to Windows Vista.
Anyone that upgrades does so because of their choice, not because
Microsoft or someone at Microsoft made them.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news345CBF6-E02B-4D28-B9FA-AD2DD4FE5448@microsoft.com...
> you see all the post..people are haveing all these problems with
> vista..it is
> defective..uncle bill,,greedy uncle bill gates,,has vista rigged
> up..where
> you cant do within it what you did with xp..its simple as that.uncle
> bill..wants you to go out and buy all new software and hard ware,,so
> he can
> get his kick back or fee..
>
> but im sure even if you did all of that,vista is so scewed
> up..something new
> things still might not work..more money wasted..he,s got it
> fixed..where we
> are constanly working on our computers instead of useing them..
>
> you still have win xp to fall back on..right...use a back up
> computer for
> your main computer..vista is never going to work right..its
> defective..on
> purpose or by acciedent..i thinks its about .uncle bill seen a
> opertunity to
> get greedy and more money off of us.but they put so many ..tricks in
> the
> os..that theres not going to be
>
> a total fix..its just screwed because of greed...

davehc

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE

Well said Jupiter. One wonders why a person with the views of Wheelman
would even be bothered with a site labelled VistaX64!

I must say, I'm easy when it comes to operating systems, although my
perference is Windows in all flavours.. I use them all, and they all
have their advantages. My desktop dual boots XP and Vista, XP for
hardware or programs (getting less by the week) that still give bugs in
Vista.. I experiment with a Linux server, as it has less overheads. I go
no further than the server as I feel that even the new editions of Linux
are too buggy.

People are so quick to forget how awful XP was for the first year.
Driver support was the same then as it is now, companies refuse to write
stable drivers (if any at all) for older equipment to encourage people
to buy new products from them. I am in agreement with this policy Why
should they spend money to write new drivers for every printer they
made, when those printers will never again increase their profits.
Anyone who wishes to progress positively in Computer technology, if they
wish to invest so much in a (unecessary) new OS, should be perpared to
update their hardware.

My preference for Windows is based on real-life experience, not just
habit.

In way too many cases, people condemn operating systems or applications
that they've never even used, or that they've only fooled around with
for a few minutes or a few hours on a demo system at the store or a
friend's computer.

In fact, some of the most adamant criticisms I hear about Vista come
from some of my colleagues who have never run the OS. They'll admit that
they're basing their opinions on what they've heard from others, but
insist that if those others are saying it, it must be true. I hear
people proclaim, "I've never used Vista and I never will" - just as
proudly as they proclaimed the same thing about XP a few years ago.

A popular comment, for example is that the poster, etc., won't use
Vista because "the DRM prevents you from playing any of your previously
downloaded music." That's 100% untrue - I play previously downloaded
music on my Vista machine all the time and so do many other people, and
without any prior configuration. But it's something they have read on
the web somewhere, and it has been integratedt into what they "know"
about Vista.

There are some good, legitimate, reasons not to upgrade to Vista. If
you have older hardware that's not supported and you don't want to buy
new peripherals or a new machine, or if you have applications that won't
run on Vista, that's a perfectly good reason to keep XP.

But don't blame Vista or Microsoft when peripheral makers fail to
provide drivers for their hardware components. Someone commented to me
last week that he had bought a new computer and his Epson printer
wouldn't work with it because "it's running that stupid Vista." Hey,
that's Epson's fault, not Vista's. All my older HP printers work just
fine with Vista - because HP has provided Vista drivers for them. He
searched the Epson site and couldn't find Vista drivers for his printer;
sounds to me as if Epson wants you to buy a new printer instead. I'd
recommend that when/if you do so, you make sure it's not an Epson.

Another good reason not to upgrade is because you don't need to. If
your XP computer works just fine and it's doing everything you want it
to do, keep it. Don't feel pressured to go with the newest OS just
because it is new. Just don't condemn the newest OS because it's new,
either. And remember that XP went through its growing pains, too. Those
who point fingers whenever a security flaw is found in Vista apparently
have forgotten all those flaws that have been patched in XP. And those
who grumble about Vista's new interface don't seem to remember that they
were the same ones grumbling about all the changes that came with XP.

If you just don't want to pay for a new OS, you'll hear no argument
from me. But for some, money has nothing to do with it. Many companies
pay for the upgrades, although their employees are confortable with
their old, familiar operating system. And that brings us to some of the
not-so-good reasons for not upgrading.

Some people aren't comfortable with new things, even if those new
things are improvements. Likewise, I have colleagues who take one look
at Vista's new Explorer or with Office 2007's ribbon interface and
immediately "don't like it" without ever giving it a chance. I like
learning new things and like to, more closely, examine these changes New
features such as the clickable path in Explorer make it easier for me to
get around in the file system, and I welcome that. Iit took a little
getting used to, like the new Start/menu layout, but now I'd hate to be
without it.

In many countries, the criminal justice system is built on the
principle that a person is to be considered innocent until proven
guilty. New products get no such protection. For those who have used
Vista for a few months and decided that they like XP better, we just
have a difference of opinion. The relative merit of an operating system
interface is a subjective matter and some will always hate what others
love. There's no problem with that. But for those who have judged Vista
guilty - of user unfriendliness, of slowness, of security problems, or
whatever - without ever using it or after giving it a spin for only a
day or two, I really can't put much stock in their opinions.

I'll always support a persons individual right to use whatever software
works best for them (including Mac and Linux), but can't they go ahead
and use it without calling those of us who happen to like Vista stupid
or implying that we're nothing but Microsoft shills?

What do you think about the OS wars? Why do people (yes, myself
sometimes included) have a tendency to denigrate others' choices? Why do
so many folks fear anything that's new? Do you take pride in your
refusal to upgrade - or on the other hand, do you take pride in being an
early adopter? Have you vowed never to upgrade based on something you've
read or heard, without ever actually trying the new software out for
yourself? Or are you just sensibly waiting until the first service pack,
or for a price drop, or until your current computer dies, or until your
mission-critical applications have been upgraded to work with Vista?

--
davehc
DevilsPGD

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE
In message <D345CBF6-E02B-4D28-B9FA-AD2DD4FE5448@microsoft.com> wheelman
<wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>you see all the post..people are haveing all these problems with vista..

Yeah, for some reason people don't seek out help newsgroups to post that
they don't have problems.

Weird.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
wheelman

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE
its so funny,,,every person that installed vista is haveing problems....but
we post something negitive and true about vista..the one or two people that
cruise the site..to check on our post,they get on our post and take up for
vista evey time..

the same ones every time..maybe microsoft is giveing them something to get
on here to help with damage control..they come on every time,,they offer no
help..just takeing up for vista..trying to say something against who ever is
saying something negitive about vista..if they are haveing no problems with
vista.or what ever os,they are useing..why dont they just leave us alone..

just leave the people alone

"DevilsPGD" wrote:

> In message <D345CBF6-E02B-4D28-B9FA-AD2DD4FE5448@microsoft.com> wheelman
> <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >you see all the post..people are haveing all these problems with vista..

> Yeah, for some reason people don't seek out help newsgroups to post that
> they don't have problems.
>
> Weird.
>
> --
> You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.

Mike Brannigan

> its so funny,,,every person that installed vista is haveing problems....

Just not true.Of course nah sayer like you will not accept that a person can
have 10 machines in their own use and that of their family all from
different manufactures or even own build machines running different SKUs of
Vista that have had ZERO - yes not a single problem from they day they were
installed (which was when Vista was released).
Yes that includes not a single issue with hardware or software compatibility
or OS stability.

> we post something negitive and true about vista..the one or two people
> that
> cruise the site..to check on our post,they get on our post and take up for
> vista evey time..

That is because there are some of us here who try and help out those that
have issues with their devices. there would be no point if you had a peer
to peer self help newsgroup with no one posting other then those with
problems.

> the same ones every time..

Indeed there are a number you are regular posters as they wish to continue
to help out those with problems

> maybe microsoft is giveing them something to get
> on here

Programs such as the MVP award are there for those that provide real help
and not just engage in discussions with people like you who persistently cry
foul on Vista and yet are in the minority.

> to help with damage control..they come on every time,,they offer no
> help..just taking up for vista..trying to say something against who ever
> is
> saying something negitive about vista..if they are haveing no problems
> with
> vista.or what ever os,they are useing..why dont they just leave us alone..

Because this is a peer to peer self help newsgroup - and if those of us with
no problems were not here to help what would you have? a number of posters
with problems and no one to help.

> just leave the people alone

Maybe as your contribution to actually helping people here with Vista is so
minimal you should follow your own advice and just leave.

--

Mike Brannigan
"wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> its so funny,,,every person that installed vista is haveing
> problems....but
> we post something negitive and true about vista..the one or two people
> that
> cruise the site..to check on our post,they get on our post and take up for
> vista evey time..
>
> the same ones every time..maybe microsoft is giveing them something to get
> on here to help with damage control..they come on every time,,they offer
> no
> help..just takeing up for vista..trying to say something against who ever
> is
> saying something negitive about vista..if they are haveing no problems
> with
> vista.or what ever os,they are useing..why dont they just leave us alone..
>
> just leave the people alone
>
> "DevilsPGD" wrote:
>
>> In message <D345CBF6-E02B-4D28-B9FA-AD2DD4FE5448@microsoft.com> wheelman
>> <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >you see all the post..people are haveing all these problems with vista..

>> Yeah, for some reason people don't seek out help newsgroups to post that
>> they don't have problems.
>>
>> Weird.
>>
>> --
>> You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.

davehc

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE

Leave it Mike. I think wheelman, for some reason, has some rather
unchangeable views about Vista.
fwiw. I am a brand new member of this site. I surfed and found it (and
registered) because of its name. Like Mike, I try and help people who
are having teething problems with Vista. I did not look for the site
with the intention of denigrating Vista.
I could just as easily have browsed for a linux site. As I have had
many bad experiences with those releases, I didn't consider I would be
of much use on the forums. On the other hand, if I had wished to
persist, I would have joined in the hope of receiving valuable help -
not abuse of Linux, that would have been unproductive.

--
davehc
Mick Murphy

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE
I am not "every person that installed vista is haveing problems", cockhead.
Don't speak for me!
Learn to spell, you little germ.
Isn't your boyfriend kissing you enough to keep you happy at nights, hahaha.?

"wheelman" wrote:

> its so funny,,,every person that installed vista is haveing problems....but
> we post something negitive and true about vista..the one or two people that
> cruise the site..to check on our post,they get on our post and take up for
> vista evey time..
>
> the same ones every time..maybe microsoft is giveing them something to get
> on here to help with damage control..they come on every time,,they offer no
> help..just takeing up for vista..trying to say something against who ever is
> saying something negitive about vista..if they are haveing no problems with
> vista.or what ever os,they are useing..why dont they just leave us alone..
>
> just leave the people alone
>
> "DevilsPGD" wrote:
>
> > In message <D345CBF6-E02B-4D28-B9FA-AD2DD4FE5448@microsoft.com> wheelman
> > <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >you see all the post..people are haveing all these problems with vista..

> > Yeah, for some reason people don't seek out help newsgroups to post that
> > they don't have problems.
> >
> > Weird.
> >
> > --
> > You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.

Hank Arnold (MVP)

wheelman wrote:
> its so funny,,,every person that installed vista is haveing problems....but
> we post something negitive and true about vista..the one or two people that
> cruise the site..to check on our post,they get on our post and take up for
> vista evey time..
>
> the same ones every time..maybe microsoft is giveing them something to get
> on here to help with damage control..they come on every time,,they offer no
> help..just takeing up for vista..trying to say something against who ever is
> saying something negitive about vista..if they are haveing no problems with
> vista.or what ever os,they are useing..why dont they just leave us alone..
>
> just leave the people alone
>
> "DevilsPGD" wrote:
>
>> In message <D345CBF6-E02B-4D28-B9FA-AD2DD4FE5448@microsoft.com> wheelman
>> <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> you see all the post..people are haveing all these problems with vista..

>> Yeah, for some reason people don't seek out help newsgroups to post that
>> they don't have problems.
>>
>> Weird.
>>
>> --
>> You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.

First off, learn about mixed case and grammar. Then come back with some
real questions or data. Meanwhile, go away........ PLONK!

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Rob

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE

The troll "wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> babbled in message
news345CBF6-E02B-4D28-B9FA-AD2DD4FE5448@microsoft.com...

<Snipped troll B.S>

Shut up fool!

If you hate Vista so much why do you feel the need to hang around in here?

This is a help group, not your personal soapbox.

is atrocious.

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.